St. John Eco Hike

While I highly recommend St John - it is easy and way cheaper to catch the ferry to and get hiking information fro the National Park visitors center near the dock. There is a nice easy trail that leaves from behind the center and takes you to Honeymoon Beach and the Caneel Bay resort. I'm sure they also have recommendations for much more aggresive hikes.

I believe the ferry was about $8-10 from Charlotte Amalie - but they have times and fares on the web. Have fun!

I did that tour through Princess 3 years ago. It was a beautiful hike and the beach was spectacular. Mringenoldus is probably right about the hike on your own being just as good. On the other hand, if you want a naturalist to accompany you and tell you about plants and other information, the organized hike is a better choice. Additionally, I would say that if you are a real hiker as I am, this hike is not very strenuous [i would call it a stroll!], so you might like the own-your-own option better for that reason.

Archived