What's with Splendor; Bad Reviews

I have seen interior shots of the Splendor, and I would agree that it isn't a bad ship, however, it still fails against the Spirit Class ships for one reason: layout. The Spirit Class ships have the galley below the dining hall on the Riviera deck, while the Splendor has the dining hall divided by the galley. Also, the Splendor only has extended balconies in the back of the ship, while the Spirit Class ships all have extended balconies on the sides.

It is sad to see the Pride leaving Long Beach in favor of the Splendor.

I would rate it a 4 out of 5. The Spirit Class ships all get a 5 out of 5.

But did "you" enjoy your cruise on the Splendor ??????

I am sailing on her in Nov. I have been traveling for many years and have found that one complainer can ruin it for everyone. We now travel with a group that has RULES. NO COMPLAINING!!! NO BI**hing! It makes it so much better for everyone. You just roll with the punches and suck it up. A vacation is a vacation and you aren't going to have a Starbucks in some countries. Yes, a friend just complained and complained because there were no Starbucks in rural Ireland. I could care less if it is neon pink. I just want to go on this new ship, sit in Senor Frogs and chill out!

Its amuses me how so many of you have already formed an opinion on a ship you havent sailed on based only on pictures & other people reviews.

Ive just got off the Splendor and loved the ship, the pink is not as lurid as it looks in photos infact you stop noticing it after awhile. The ship layout is easy to get around once you understand you cant go from the fwd to aft on decks 3 & 4.

I only went to the production shows & they were fabulous, the food was enjoyable & varied and the staff were wonderful.

The only issue I had with the ship was the poor signage of the public restrooms, when you travel with a disabled passenger knowing where the nearest restrooms are is very important. The restroom have small lighted signs that lay flat above the doors which are very hard to see unless you are standing straight in front of them.

I booked the Splendor not for the ship but for the itinary, everything else was a huge bonus & I recommend you give this ship a try if the itinary & price is right for you.

Well, I'm going to find out how good the Splendor is when we (DW, DS, and her DH, and me) are on the ship for 16 days on the Transatlantic Cruise. I suspect the people who were complaining are used to the higher priced lines as most 12 day itineraries are found on these lines. We have been on two Carnival cruises. We have been highly satisfied. I expect this cruise to be a fine experience. We have ports we have never visited and tours which sound interesting, we have lots of seas days to watch the waves roll by, we have nicer cabins than most any of the lines not owned by Carnival, and we have it at a price we can afford. Why will we not have a good time?

I wonder if the more negative reviews are not from some of the insane people that John Heald has discussed in his blog? I would have left these folks sitting on the dock somewhere as the ship sailed off.

When we return, I'll put together a review which will be written without an agenda. I know how to do that. I think in 16 days, I will have a very good feel for the ship. Since DW and I are in a ocean view cabin and DS and her DH have a balcony, we will be able to review a wider range of cabins than most are able to do. We do the shows; we visit the other enterainment venues, we eat, both on the Lido and in the dining rooms. We use the facilities. I am looking forward to it very much, some lousy reviews notwithstanding.

Doc:D

Archived