Sand at Nachi and Passion

madiandcindy

I am a bit confused, someone wrote in another post that nachi has brown coarse sand and passion white soft sand, in the videos and pics I have seen they both look white,I really dont like the brown sand and was planning to go to nachi, could someone please advise? I was under the impression that the sand and water are comparable and the only difference is the distance and size of both locations to which I prefer to be closer to the port since we are going with our 2 children 6 and 4 years of age.

I am also very interested in this question. I have only read positive reviews of Nachi and ended up booking.. if the sand is brown and course, I don't think I'm going to want to stick with this place.

Their website shows white sand... what gives?

Unless there has been a drastic change since March, the sand at Nachi was white and soft. The water was very pretty, several shades of blue. Very nice pool, good food, great service. We LOVED it there. Wish I was there now. May not be a lot for a 6 and 4 year olds to do, though.

I am a bit confused, someone wrote in another post that nachi has brown coarse sand and passion white soft sand, in the videos and pics I have seen they both look white,I really dont like the brown sand and was planning to go to nachi, could someone please advise? I was under the impression that the sand and water are comparable and the only difference is the distance and size of both locations to which I prefer to be closer to the port since we are going with our 2 children 6 and 4 years of age.

I agree w/Ken. There was a HUGE difference IMO. The sand is more brown and coarse and Nachi. It's still beautiful though, but my kids noticed it first thing...it didn't make for pretty sandcastles that would stick together. Not the kind of sand you want to dig your feet into.

The sand at PI is what you would imagine...soft, powdery. I would say the specks are quite a bit smaller at PI, if that makes sense.

Pictures and videos make it hard to see the difference. It's not until you get upon it that you say...ooh, now i notice it.

Each place is great in its own way, my family just preferred PI as it's very different; more like a "paradise" is the way my dh described it. But I also love Nachi and would enjoy going back there as well. Their drinks are awesome; they make a great strawberry margarita!!

There is a pool at Nachi but no kiddie activities to speak of. Magic City cruiser, yes there is more for the kids to do at PI. But, each place is quiet and I dont think you'll be over run by kids at all. PI is very spread out. You could venture down the beach a bit, away from the food/bar area and you'd probably feel like you had the island to yourself. I've been twice and seen maybe 10 kids total, if that many.

Yes, Letsgo, I like the little buggers but..been there done that.. and I'm on a "girl's cruise"..lol.

Anywho...I've spent my life on the sugar sand beaches of the Florida panhandle and I know of many who are disappointed at "brown" or coarse sand beaches. I just got back from one of the SC sea islands, though, and found their beaches coarse and brown and beautiful. I think nature, in it's pure form, is beautiful. Which makes me wonder....is the sand on Coz beaches natural to the area or is it brought in???

Donna

Archived