NCL Pride of America - Hawaii - questions

mom7

This is my 1st post. I hope it's in the right place.

Having never sailed NCL, any suggestion or information would be helpful.

Looking at a balcony cabin on 7th deck. Any pros or cons? Any other suggestions about great or not-so-great cabins and locations?

Any insider information about booking with NCL, upgrades, OBCs, etc?

Thanks in advance.

mom7

This is my 1st post. I hope it's in the right place.

Having never sailed NCL, any suggestion or information would be helpful.

Looking at a balcony cabin on 7th deck. Any pros or cons? Any other suggestions about great or not-so-great cabins and locations?

Any insider information about booking with NCL, upgrades, OBCs, etc?

Thanks in advance.

mom7

Welcome to CC

First off in future for info on Hawaii go the the "ports of call" board and click on Hawaii for any info on Hawaii and the islands.

As for the POA or any ship for that matter with regards to location is all a matter of choice but most will say an "aft" cabin is one of the best but you will get others that say port side for the Napli coastal viewing for Hawaii.When selecting cabin you want to see what is above and below you for noise factor.

You don't want the gym over you because the employees and dancers use it after hours through the night.

You don't want to be under outdoor cafe because of the moving of chairs and tables in early morning.

Also for cabin selection you have to look at your budget, do you want inside cabin, cabin with port hole, cabin with window or cabin with balcony.

It's JMO but there are two 'for sure" cruises that you want balcony and they are Hawaii and Alaska for the scenery and kodak moments.

as for insider info on booking you will find most agencies are with a few bucks of one another.

We personally like to deal direct with the cruise line for numerous reasons.

We tend to book early in order to get best cabin selection and then we watch for price reductions along the way before final payment is due.

Enjoy, half the fun is planning out your trip.

Archived