Carnival playtime for 12 month old

girltime30

I am considering taking a Carnival cruise with a just about 1 year old. I was wondering about the under 2 playtime. Does Carnival offer this on all their cruises and how often? Is any Family activity like story reading, etc allow for the 1 year old also? Is there group babysitting during the day that allows for this age group also? I was confused about this because when I did a search for Carnival capers, only some seemed like they had it. I would only want to consider going on Carnival if there would be some play time experience with toys and activities that we could go to. Please share your experiences. Thanks!

We will be taking our then 12 month old on Carnival in December. This is what I have found. On Sea Days there is a time usually in the middle of the day (12-2) when Club Carnival is closed, during this time parents can take their under 2 year olds in for family play time. During this time you can also pay the babysitting fee and leave your child to play with staff. On port days babysitting (for a fee) is available for this age group from 15 minutes prior to the scheduled port stop until noon, if you have port days that start after noon, then the babysitting time will be until 5:00. Group babysitting will also be available each evening beginning at 10:00pm. You can call Carnival to confirm the times that under 2 babysitting will be availble on your specific ship, but it sounds pretty much like the above information is fleetwide.

I think on at leat one of our port days I might send my LO to the babysitting and either sleep in or enjoy the pool. I will not be getting off of the ship if she is in childcare.

Wow thanks for the info! Based on what you are saying there seems like enough playtime for a little one. I don't mind if it is babysitting or playtime but I would just want my little one to have enough to do since the pool is not an option. Do you know if during those times of babysitting, if you have older ones can they be in the camp or babysitting at the same time? That would be nice to utilize one day with a few hours to sit by the pool children free.

Wow thanks for the info! Based on what you are saying there seems like enough playtime for a little one. I don't mind if it is babysitting or playtime but I would just want my little one to have enough to do since the pool is not an option. Do you know if during those times of babysitting, if you have older ones can they be in the camp or babysitting at the same time? That would be nice to utilize one day with a few hours to sit by the pool children free.

Unfortunately no, your older ones will not be allowed in camp for under 2 times since it will be closed to all the kids except the under 2's, so the only time they can all be there together is after 10pm or on port days. Also, your 12 month old can participate in any of the "family" activities as long as you are there with them. We started cruising when DD was 7 months old so we are very familiar with camp carnival, she is 3 now and has just taken her 6th cruise.

Julie

Archived