Carnival Imagination 5A cabin question

mom7

Anyone experienced with staying in 5A cabins on Fantasy class ships. Some are close to the front of the ship with 2 portholes.

Anyone know anything about the size. How do they compare with other inside or oceanview on Fantasy class ships?

Also, any opinion on whether, the category 5A or a 4E, Verandah inside, would be better deal?

Thanks.

mom7

On our Fascination '07 trip we were upgraded to M10 which is a 5a cabin. No real size difference to speak of. Same amenities as an OV or an inside. I would take it over an inside any day. Only drawback to a 5A is the fact that they are generally pretty far forward and you will feel more motion up there (and hear a bit more noise when docking). HTH:)

Stayed in a 5A with port holes on the Glory two years ago.

I am 5'3 and I couldnt see out of the port holes, too high.

Just make sure the room actually has two beds, ours had

a twin and a sofa which was made into a bed. The sofa was

comfy, but the bed was better. I couldn't tell any size difference

from an inside. The only plus was that you could see the sun

rise.

I was just on the Imagination 2 weeks ago in U10 (5a) it was the 3rd from the front of the ship. It was a bit noisy in the morning when we docked but because there were only 2 other cabins by us there wasn't much foot traffic by our room. We enjoyed the room. I don't think there was any difference in the size of the cabin. But we got this room for the same price as the 4a so we took it. Watch where the inside cabin is located on the Verandah deck... looks like some are in the front of the ship under the gym. I've heard that can be noisy as well early in the A.M. I've attached a picture of the room. Enjoy whichever room you take!

1333264864_Picture2388.JPG.a667dab198a03bd4eaecdac4a63c66cf.JPG

We stayed in a 5a last week on the Inspiration. The cabin was the same size and had the same amenities as other cabins. I chose it because I was able to go from inside to 5a for about $20pp. It was interesting but the view from the port holes is rather limited. If you want a cabin with a real view I would go with a 6a, if you are just looking for something different from a inside and the price is right then go for it.

I was in a 5A on the Imagination in May [cabin R8]. We did hear some noise while docking, but it wasn't a big deal. Our cabin had the 2 twins/queen bed. [Oh my, most comfy bed ever!] It was our first cruise so I can't compare it to any other cabins, but I do have pictures!

View of the cabin sitting in the porthole recess.

100_5445.jpg

View from in the "hallway" between the bathroom and the wardrobe:

100_5535.jpg

We had a 5a for the first half of our B2B on Inspiration. I had never been in one before, but I really liked it. I am used to the interior rooms because I like the price and the darkness for sleeping in late. The 5a is the same size as the other rooms but the portholes have covers that can be closed and tightened down. The purpose is to seal them in case of bad seas, but they work just as good keeping the dreaded morning sunlight out of the room. Then, once you wake up, they can be opened and you have a nice (if not small) view of the ocean.

The only issue was the motion. We sailed through Hurricane Gustav, and it was rough. Almost like being on a little rollercoaster, up and down, up and down. I don't usually get motion sickness, but I did that night.

I have had 5A's several times on Fascination, and some of them are larger than the standard cabins. Usually the first 2 or 3 closest to the front of the ship. For example E4 on Fascination is a larger cabin, but was close to the laundry room, so on formal night there was a line of people waiting for the irons. Other than that, no noise or excess motion to speak of.

Archived