Matzatlan - Las Moras Hacienda

bales

We did Randi's Happy Horses. While we were on the beach we saw the Princess sponsored horse group. I'm sure they're all calm - but what our guide told us what that they would only ride for about twenty minutes as opposed to the hour we rode with Randi. This can only be booked thru Randi - see threads for email address - but it is VERY reasonable $45.00 and includes chips and salsa + a beverage of choice at Victors on the beach (what a great place). No porblem time wise - Randi always schedules around the cruise line customers' time table. Her horses are very, very gentle - I was first time rider and skeptical - best tour I have ever been on! Either way - I'm sure the horses are all very gentle. Enjoy!

Thanks, we tried to get Randi but she was booked. The tour we booked through Princess isnt on Stone Island. I guess it's a ranch outside of Mazatlan. If anyone has done that tour I'd love to know what you thought

We did this tour a few years ago, through Royal Caribbean. We didn't think the mountain scenery was particularly great, and the horses were pretty thin and almost pitiful. The horses on Stone Island were lot better horses. The hacienda itself is pretty, there is a pool there and an outdoor area where we were served lunch. Then they had a folkloric type show with dancers, which was fine. The part I didn't like so much was a cock-fighting demonstration. They didn't have them fighting to the death or anything, but it was the principle of the thing, I just didn't like it.

Archived