Cabin Question on the Pearl?

VISLAND

Just wondering,.... does anyone have any experience with cabin 8016, O.V, .... eg; the forward position on the ship, how noisy will the anchor be when coming in to port,...or, the music from the theatre .... also, how big is the cabin?

Thanks, I know that we;ll enjoy every minute of the cruise, regardless, but, as I said, I'm just wondering:cool:

cheers.

Just wondering,.... does anyone have any experience with cabin 8016, O.V, .... eg; the forward position on the ship, how noisy will the anchor be when coming in to port,...or, the music from the theatre .... also, how big is the cabin?

Thanks, I know that we;ll enjoy every minute of the cruise, regardless, but, as I said, I'm just wondering:cool:

cheers.

I will probably be no help at all, but I thought since no one responded I'll say something. The only thing I can really say is that I was on the Spirit the last week in August. Our cabin was in the front, but we were on deck 5 which is a lot lower than yours is going to be. Whenever we had to be anchored(sp?), we could really feel it and definitely hear it, it woke us up. Now I'm not sure if that was because we had a cabin so low or if it was just because we were in the front. Sorry I wasn't really any help and sorry if I got you excited for getting a post that was basically useless. Anyways, no matter what, you're going to have a really great time! (:

Did your TA give you a NCL catalogue? If so, the deck plans are in the back (Jewel Class Ships). Otherwise, try to find the deck plans on the Internet, that way you can see the location of the stairs, clubs, etc.

Deck 8 has 28 category BD and 4 BE balcony cabins in the front. A potential problem could be the Stardust Lounge/Theatre that is located right underneath on deck 7. Have you considered deck 9 or 10? Although keep in mind that a small section of balcony cabins on 9 are located over a restaurant.

Otherwise, in my opinion, port side (left) is a good choice if that is the ‘land’ side.

Have a great cruise!

I will probably be no help at all, but I thought since no one responded I'll say something. The only thing I can really say is that I was on the Spirit the last week in August. Our cabin was in the front, but we were on deck 5 which is a lot lower than yours is going to be. Whenever we had to be anchored(sp?), we could really feel it and definitely hear it, it woke us up. Now I'm not sure if that was because we had a cabin so low or if it was just because we were in the front. Sorry I wasn't really any help and sorry if I got you excited for getting a post that was basically useless. Anyways, no matter what, you're going to have a really great time! (:

Thank you, for answering my post, .. and please , no apology required! I really appreciate your taking the time , to tell us , what your experience was on the Spirit, hopefully, it didn't spoil your cruise...... Now my D.H. and I will have to reconsider our choice of cabin. Thanks again,

cheers :)

:) Thank you, for all the information you gave me, re; our forward cabin , I do appreciate your response....... Actually, we booked direct with N.C.L., and I did check out the decks ( on the internet) and was a wee bit concerned about the theatre being so close, but, the only alternative we had was, a cabin above the bowling alley!!!? Anyway, we may check back with N.C.L., to find out what is available, perhaps on another deck.

cheers :D

Archived