Should I Book Directly through Carnival?

Chelly

I have always used a travel agent to book. Carnival cannot discount your cruise but an agent can. Who ever said they never got a discount with an agent has the wrong agent. My agent has alway returned my called within 30 minutes even after business hours. I guess it just depends who you use. They have always given me the lower price if Carnival lowers their rates. If I paid my final payment they give me an onboard credit. I could never pay full price for a cruise, that is just crazy in this day.

Exactly my sentiments also.

I deal with my PVP named Marc at Carnival. He is real nice and writes and calls when interesting cruises come up.or reductions

I prefer to deal directly with Carnival due to past bad experience with TA

I try to get PVP on all cruiselines .No one has ever offered me real "perks " for booking with them so I will stick to Marc for better cabins and prices !!!

Works for me

Michele

Is a TA considered to be same as cruise broker?

Depending on the local state law, a TA could call themselves a, "broker." Not that it would mean a thing.

Cruise Broker, would imply that they BUY up huge blocks of cabins at deeply discounted prices and sell them at low, low rates to you. To my knowledge, cruiselines not only do not do that but they try to guard against it happening.

So "cruise broker," would immediately arouse my suspicions. And then why would I look into them any further?

Dan

• 1 month later...

I would probably NOT recommend going directly through Carnival. (once again, personal preference). We had a PVP who didn't share all her info with us - we specifically asked her about Military discount and she chose NOT to share with us that if we waited 1 day to book the Military discount would apply to all 3 cabins, not just one. Had to fight to get the discount after calling management, but even so, the rate offered on websites was cheaper.

The cruise we booked was cheaper on cruise websites and the PVP was not too concerned about making it right. Very surprised how helpful PVP was UNTIL we booked and then just didn't care. No upgrades, no niceties, no nothing. All of us are previous Carnival cruisers (7+ times each person) and the PVP didn't care.

Once agian, you need to do what you are comfortable with, but I will avoid PVPs.

Archived