NCL Freestyle Dress Code

rikkikika

I have another post out there in regards to the Gem . . .but thought I'd ask this separately. I'm curious about the Freestyle dress code for the 1 Day Cruise to Nowhere that I'm going on in the mid of winter! So I've only been on ships where you dressed to dine. Does this mean I can show up to dinner in my favorite jeans and hoodie if I wanted too?

I have another post out there in regards to the Gem . . .but thought I'd ask this separately. I'm curious about the Freestyle dress code for the 1 Day Cruise to Nowhere that I'm going on in the mid of winter! So I've only been on ships where you dressed to dine. Does this mean I can show up to dinner in my favorite jeans and hoodie if I wanted too?

I don't know about 1-day cruises, but generally the dress code is "resort casual", meaning nice clothes, not jeans and hoodies (if you were on a several day cruise, you might get away with that outfit for breakfast/lunch, but not dinner. They wouldn't necessarily throw you out, but they could..and if you went in, others would frown at you! :)

I think of "resort casual" as khaki's, tailored shirt for guys, nice slacks or skirts and suitable tops for women, sort of "Sunday Best"...but not elegant gowns or suits or tuxes.

NCL.com states this in their FAQ:

Resort casual dress gets you into every venue at night too. Some people like to add a jacket, or when celebrating a special occasion, get all decked out. This too is welcome everywhere. And if you're tired from a long fun day and just want to wear shorts; our buffet is the place for a casual dinner. Some people prefer nice jeans. They're welcome in many of our restaurants as well, but not in all. It's your vacation on NCL so dress comfortably, and you'll find a venue that suits your style.

Jeans are allowed in all dining venues except for one of the two main dining rooms.

Since hoodies are basically sweatshirts, those would be ok under NCL resort casual dress code.

So, yes you can and would only not be allowed to dine in one dining room.

The dress code is really relaxed on a 1 day cruise. You won't be turned away in jeans in any restaurant.

Happy Cruising

Archived