Looking for some Freedom price info

Gaijin_Mom

Wondering if anyone out there can share a little info with me. I'm hoping to book Freedom out of Port Canaveral in July of '10. Just to get info I was looking at the '09 summer prices. Right now a balcony at the end of July '09 is going for around $1550. What I'm wondering is if there's anyone out there who booked their '09 cruise on Freedom right away when summer '09 sailings became available and what price you got. Just wondering how much I can hope to save by booking as early as possible. Thanks for the help!

Lynnette

My father and step mother just booked Freedom for Oct '09 this past Friday. They have a balcony room and it came out to $727 per person. They got this price through their cruise agent.

That price was because it was in Oct...hurricane season and low season for cruising. Those prices,$727 per person for a balcony on the FOS, during the summer of 09 would be very unlikely.

If you follow cruise prices, it really is interesting to follow the large jumps and decreases in prices depending on seasons of the year.

Cheapest time to cruise is fall through Christmas minus the holiday weeks.

Most expensive time is during the holidays and when the kids are out of school.

My father and step mother just booked Freedom for Oct '09 this past Friday. They have a balcony room and it came out to $727 per person. They got this price through their cruise agent.

You will NOT get that price in July. Once hurricane season starts in September, the prices drop drastically. That is why we always sail during hurricane season.

Summer time and holidays the cruises are usually the highest prices.

The thing to do is book as soon as the prices come out for July 10 and then watch prices. If you see price reductions, call and ask for it. Prices will go up as the cruise gets closer and then may go down near the end if the ship isn't sold out but it is rare to see the FOS pricing go down as the cruise gets closer, especially during the summer.

Archived