Dirty Life Jackets

Kwst8ofmind

Last year was our first Cruise, we were on the Triumph.

I was shocked how FILTHY the necks of the life jackets were!

We leave the 21st on the Legend and I am actually dreading the thought of the life jacket more than the muster drill.

Anyone else find this a problem on other ships?

(I am taking anti bacterial spray and wipes this year):eek:

Last year was our first Cruise, we were on the Triumph.

I was shocked how FILTHY the necks of the life jackets were!

We leave the 21st on the Legend and I am actually dreading the thought of the life jacket more than the muster drill.

Anyone else find this a problem on other ships?

(I am taking anti bacterial spray and wipes this year):eek:

....put it on upside down......problem solved......:D

I don't think this would be too much of a concern should a real emergency arise.

Just try not to lick it as you put it on and off, and schedule some time for a sonic shower afterwards.

Watch out for the safety bars on the rides at the amusement parks. God knows what they have held into place. :eek:

Personally, I did not have a problem with the life jacket. Mine was pretty clean. But, like someone else said, the whistle is another problem. I told my kids if I saw that whistle in their mouth they wouldn't get ice cream the rest of the week.:eek:

My friend that is cruising with us next month is very OCD. I'm not sure how she will handle the life jacket during the muster drill.

Oh some of my cruises, they've 'looked' very clean. On others, they've been filthy. I hate them. I hate the Muster drill. I hate being jammed in with my fellow cruisers and sweating while we go through the routine. However, I'd never miss it. The suffering means I'm getting ready to cruise. So, I endure and smile. I figure the DOD is going to kill any nasty germs that get into my body. It's worked so far.:D

Oh some of my cruises, they've 'looked' very clean. On others, they've been filthy. I hate them. I hate the Muster drill. I hate being jammed in with my fellow cruisers and sweating while we go through the routine. However, I'd never miss it. The suffering means I'm getting ready to cruise. So, I endure and smile. I figure the DOD is going to kill any nasty germs that get into my body. It's worked so far.:D

I like your thinking, Pungo!:D I hate the life jackets and the muster drill, as I am quite claustrophobic, and cramming us all together in the heat gets me pretty nervous. The dod's help, though!:D

it's probably cleaner than the railings on the steps or the buttons on the elevators that every little sniffling germ incubator of a child has touched.

:p:D:rolleyes::eek:

That does it, I am taking latex gloves with me from now on.;)

it's probably cleaner than the railings on the steps or the buttons on the elevators that every little sniffling germ incubator of a child has touched.

:p:D:rolleyes::eek:

Tell us how you really feel Kelz. LMAO, sniffling germ incubator, gotta write that one down. ;)

Tell us how you really feel Kelz. LMAO, sniffling germ incubator, gotta write that one down. ;)

heheheheheh...ya'll know I'm joking...but there is a bit a truth...just keep your eye on the 5 year old who sneezes then presses every elevator button.

kids will be kids :p

:p Just do what i do, get one of the BUTT gaskets they keep in the bathrooms for the seats and put it around your neck:eek: keeps you clean, and added benifit no body stands close to you:cool:

that is actually a good idea...funny, but good. :D

:p Just do what i do, get one of the BUTT gaskets they keep in the bathrooms for the seats and put it around your neck:eek: keeps you clean, and added benifit no body stands close to you:cool:

Too funny!!! I'm more upset that at our first ever cruise I forgot to bring my camera to the drill:mad: Some of those pictures I have seen of everyone crammed into those jackets are just too funny - so this cruise I am not forgetting my camera!!

Out of many cruises - most of the life jackets have been reasonably "clean". A few were filthy "looking", and ONE smelled of fresh vomit :eek:. I had a few words with the Carnival staff person who was sternly telling me to PUT IT ON (in front of MANY entertained observers) while I was telling them I needed another one (and why). They ignored me, I put it on begrudgingly --- one of my worst memories of Carnival....:mad:

Tom

Archived