Dirty Life Jackets

Kwst8ofmind

How did we all survive those years before hand sanitizers , disinfectant wipes, antibacterial lotions, detergents, and whatnot.

Those surfaces were just as dirty then as they are now.

Kids used to go out and play and get filthy dirty from head to toe and cut and scraped and bruised all over. It was called having a good time. At the end of the day your mom dumped you in the tub and your clothes in the wash.

She didn't wipe you down with some treated cloth everytime you picked something up off the ground.

[quote name='babyher']How did we all survive those years before hand sanitizers , disinfectant wipes, antibacterial lotions, detergents, and whatnot.

Those surfaces were just as dirty then as they are now.

Kids used to go out and play and get filthy dirty from head to toe and cut and scraped and bruised all over. It was called having a good time. At the end of the day your mom dumped you in the tub and your clothes in the wash.

She didn't wipe you down with some treated cloth everytime you picked something up off the ground.[/quote]

Amen!
And don't forget everyone sharing the same soda or taking turns drinking from the garden hose.

[quote name='Mysticks1'][B][COLOR=indigo]I always take clorox wipes with me and the first thing I do when we get into the cabin is wipe down surfaces beginning with the life jackets. I have never gotten any that I considered to be filthy though. [/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

Now this is OCD.. :rolleyes: :o

[quote name='rjburd']Amen!
And don't forget everyone sharing the same soda or taking turns drinking from the garden hose.[/quote]

Ahhhhh the good old days :)

My Mom has a million framed pictures of our family on the wall of her den. A family favorite is one of me (about 4 years old) sitting on the front steps with a HUGE ice cream cone and both me and our beagle taking a lick. :) *LOL*

They would probably call that child abuse now

I feel bad for these kids who are now growing up with these germ freak parents. dont they realize that being exposed to germs for years and years is how your body builds up immunities?

There is this lady at work who is constantly wiping her keyboard, phone, desk etc. with those clorox wipes. I swear she is sick everyday of the winter.

If you don't feel the need to scrub your hands throughly with soap after handling paper bills or coins... then you really shouldn't worry about a dirty collar on a lifejacket.

After all... the odds that your mouth will be in contact with the dirt on the lifejacket collar bother scubbinbg you is nill...

...but the odds of you putting your fingers in your mouth after touching paper money likely approaches 100%... :eek:

[quote name='emod20']:p [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]Just do what i do, get one of the BUTT gaskets they keep in the bathrooms for the seats and put it around your neck:eek: keeps you clean, and added benifit no body stands close to you:cool: [/SIZE][/FONT][/quote]

butt gaskets.....wow......thats funny:D ....never heard it put like that before.

[quote name='Kwst8ofmind']Did I say I wipe everything? I am just going to clean the neck of my jacket if it is dirty on this cruise. Muster drills are NOT emergencies and in the event of one I would put on the jacket dirty or not. I don't walk around with a box of wipes, I mentioned nothing about cleaning everything.

I am not a germaphobe, I just prefer not to put something visibly dirty on. I have common sense and if it were an emergency I would not give it a second thought to put the jacket on.

I think people on this board LIKE to attack others and blow a statement out of proportion.[/quote]

I was not attacking anyone. Note my use of the phrase "general you". The type of behavior I was describing is described quite a bit on this board. Wipe the life jackets, the remote, the stair railing, the doorknobs, you name it... Not done by you in particular (hence the "general" you).

The topic you started rolled into some more descriptives of that behavior, which I was commenting on. No more, no less.

I'm sorry if you were offended.

[quote name='Carnival Game']Yes we do clean all that. :D[/quote]
I do the4 same thing & I bring spray disinfectant for the life vests. I also DON'T sit on the bedspread always roll it down before sitting on the bed. I always clean the ice bucket, too. They clean them only once in a while.

[COLOR=Purple][SIZE=3]Victory;
You know I used to be okay, right up until I was traumatized! We went on vacation with friends of ours. Fortunately they had their own room. In general conversation the guy said he was sitting on the couch nekkid! :eek:We don't even sit on our own couch nekkid, much less in any other establishment. It changed my whole way of thinking as to where I'm sitting. Ewwwwww.

And, no to everyone, I'm definitely not a germaphobic.
[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='S.S. Cruisers'][SIZE=3][COLOR=purple]I just know I will never look at another couch in the same way. It was TMI for me....:p[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[/quote]

Sounds like my kids when they found out my wife and I didn't always wear a swim suit in our spa... and they told me that they could no longer sit where my boy's have been... :D

Was only tounge and cheek on their part... but it did keep them out of the spa for a week... :D

[quote name='S.S. Cruisers'][COLOR=purple][SIZE=3]Now, see that doesn't bother me. I guess I think the water will cleanse it! :eek:It's the fabric thing........I'm just sayin'[/SIZE][/COLOR][/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]On carnival its the sweaty vinyl thing:eek: :eek: [/SIZE][/FONT]

Okay, I must be anal. WHAT ARE BUTT GASKETS??? Are they the paper toilet seat covers found in some restaurants, etc.? I don't even know for sure what they are, but I laughed out loud when I read the posts about them!

I try not to think about all the germs on everything, and I usually succeed. However, forcing the woman to wear a life jacket that reeks of vomit is crossing the line in my book!! I think I would have starting upchucking myself ...

[quote name='LIV 2 CRUISE']Okay, I must be anal. WHAT ARE BUTT GASKETS??? Are they the [U][I][B]paper toilet seat covers found in some restaurants,[/B][/I][/U] etc.? I don't even know for sure what they are, but I laughed out loud when I read the posts about them!

I try not to think about all the germs on everything, and I usually succeed. However, forcing the woman to wear a life jacket that reeks of vomit is crossing the line in my book!! I think I would have starting upchucking myself ...[/quote]

Yes...you got it...LOL

:D

Archived