Rccl And The Enchantment Water

flysas

Lots of comments and complaints regarding the current brown water problem on the Enchantment of the Seas.

For future cruisers what should RCCL's action be if they CANNOT guarantee clear water

Free bottled water for consumption even thought they guarantee the current water is safe to drink.

Hi Mommabean..:) I was on Enchantment a month ago from Aug 14-18 and they had brown water and still charged for the water ??

I didn't mean they ARE giving out free water. OP asked what they SHOULD do. I fortunately brought my own bottled water as usual. But really, even if the water is safe to drink, they should offer bottled water for free in the cabins. At least the dining room water was crystal clear.

Yellow tinted water might be safe to drink but that doesn't get some of us past the mental block of consuming it. :) I think I'd gag if I tried to swallow it even though for some reason I have no problem brushing my teeth with it.

Palmetto bugs may not bite but I don't want them in my house (or stateroom for that matter) either. ;)

Gina

I just disembarked yesterday. I never saw BROWN water maybe a little light yellow. But, it was barely noticeable. If you don't like it bring on bottles.

I'll go look around the other threads but seriously it was a non issue for us, why should RCCI do anything? They said they are replacing all the pipes let them finish what they started.

Well definitely free bottled water, but I would not shower in it either. I think they should allow you to change to equal level of cabin on a different cruise at no charge.

Sounds drastic, but I would not sell those cabins. If I had brown water in my stateroom, they'd have to move me. Nothing would console me. A cruise ship is not a campground.

Well definitely free bottled water, but I would not shower in it either. I think they should allow you to change to equal level of cabin on a different cruise at no charge.

A free cruise for what RBLWMN said was basically a non issue? Yeah, that's reasonable.:rolleyes:

Sounds drastic, but I would not sell those cabins. If I had brown water in my stateroom, they'd have to move me. Nothing would console me. A cruise ship is not a campground.

Presuming that your ship is sailing at full capacity, as do most, to where would you like them to move you?:confused:

It would be nice if the ship would provide free bottled water until the situation is remedied.

A free cruise for what RBLWMN said was basically a non issue? Yeah, that's reasonable.:rolleyes:

I'm not asking for a free cruise. Who said anything about a free cruise? This is a known issue, it has been going on for months. There are people booked on Enchantment who have called RCI inquiring about the situation, they asked to change their reservation, RCI would not let them without penalty.

Presuming that your ship is sailing at full capacity, as do most, to where would you like them to move you?:confused:

These cabins should not be sold until the problem is fixed. It is unacceptable. RBLWMN may have had a cabin where he/she could deal with it, others have posted that their's was worse. Clean, clear water is not too much to ask. I wouldn't book on this ship knowing this and I question why RCI, for whom I am normally a big cheerleader, can possibly let this go on. If it were my cruise line, I'd pull the ship out of service and fix it one and for all.

there is a whole separate thread about this.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=841015

It would be nice if the ship would provide free bottled water until the situation is remedied.

I just disembarked yesterday. I never saw BROWN water maybe a little light yellow. But, it was barely noticeable. If you don't like it bring on bottles.

I'll go look around the other threads but seriously it was a non issue for us, why should RCCI do anything? They said they are replacing all the pipes let them finish what they started.

I echo your thoughts. We just sailed 8/14/08. I had noticed a very slight tint to the water, but thought nothing of it. It tasted fine, and we had no ill effects from it. By the 3rd night of our 4 night trip, the water was perfectly clear.

We were in a corner aft, fwiw

A~

RCCL are telling us nothing, i found out about the water off the cruise critic boards, at first RCCL denied there was a problem, then they addmitted they did have a problem, but will not allow transfer or cancellation without penalty even though they cannot guarantee the problem will be fixed for my sailing,,,,,

so sorry isabella i dont agree with ur interreptation

I just got off the Enchantment of the Seas, this morning, and during my cruise I never encountered any incidents with brown water. The water in our stateroom on the 7th deck was crystal clear. Put all your fears to rest, its over. They had a problem and fixed it.

I just got off the Enchantment today. Our water was clear, as was all of the passengers's whom I asked. There was still a plumbing problem, though, as the toilets flushed sporatically. The water was shut off for 4-5 hours for repairs the day we were in Mexico, of all places, and all of the public bathrooms were locked. We continued to encounter the unreliable toilets after that, but they were better.

We left the ship on Sep. 15 as well. I had been looking for the brown the entire trip. Did not encounter any problem until the last nite when eagle eye DW noticed a slight discoloration in the sink, I had not mentioned to her about the water problem. As far as the toilets, they were intermittent on occasion, one time I flushed and nothing happened, until 3 or 4 minutes later and then swoosh! Just a few minor inconveniences, no real problems.

Archived