Heatwave Sailing Cruises

JacknShelby

We just sailed with them two days ago while staying a week in Barbados, I must say that this was one of the best crews we ever encountered, the food was delicious and they always made sure you had plently to drink. They also took us to three different snorkel stops and we were able to feed the turtles. I would recommend them to anyone. We were going to go with another snorkel company but while they still had room, they didn't have room on their van to pick us up (then we found out that they had 60 people on the boat:eek: we were sooooo glad we ended up with Heatwave and only 18 people)

They get top billing from us.

Linda

• 2 months later...
HEllo,

On Heatwave Sailing cruises, did you snorkle with the turtles? Also did they go to a shipwreck site?[/quote

I di the Heatwave cruise in 07 and will be doing it again on our NYE cruise this year . (a few weeks from now). It was amazing 12 people , non but us from the cruise ship. We snorkled with the turtles , right off a beach , the turtles were great , the big (like 5or 6 feet long ) that likes to swim with the turtles was a little freaky but not a threat , you swim out in the open with them , its great . Then you go to a shipwreck , like a sonken barge, they thow food out an you really become part of the school of fish , it was great also . then you go to a place to hang out . they serve drinks , what ever you want all day. the food was great . we cant wait to do it again.

Any contact information for Heatwave? Sounds like our kind of trip![/quote

www.theboatyard.com

then go to catermeran cruises and enter your info. you will have to give them your credit card info for 50% down , I never felt comfortable emailing the card info so I call them , its very lillte phone charge for the call , remember there will be a fee on your charge card for the international rate change or something , not so much though, something like 3%. Tricia is very nice , she is who you will talk to most likely .

you wont regret it.

• 2 months later...

I was on the Heatwave on 2/26. Damien and the guys are great and so much fun! I think there were 12-14 people on my sailing so there was plenty of room for everyone. We visited the turtles and the shipwreck site. At least one of the guys would get in the water with you to make sure you saw the turtles and different fish up close. You certainly won't go hungry or thirsty on this cruise either! I would highly recommend this excursion and would do it again in a heartbeat. I wish I could go back tomorrow!

One thing I will add though - if you are coming from a cruise ship (as most of us are), the email they send you after booking will direct you to leave the main terminal building, walk out the main gates to the roundabout. Once you get to this point, you WILL NOT see anyone with a sign for the boatyard or heatwave cruises. You will have to ask around but it is really unclear and very unsettling to not be able to find the group you've given your credit card number to. They will send a taxi driver to pick you up and he will know how many people he is looking for but other than that, it's a little hit or miss. I would almost recommend making your own sign that says 'Heatwave cruises' and hold it up as you approach the roundabout. You'll probably find the right people faster! :p

After the unsettling start to the tour with the taxi debacle though, I had a blast on the Heatwave and would highly recommend it. There were fewer people on my sailing (on a bigger catamaran) than on the other highly recommended tour company on this site (ahem - no names mentioned).

I was on the Heatwave on 2/26. Damien and the guys are great and so much fun! I think there were 12-14 people on my sailing so there was plenty of room for everyone. We visited the turtles and the shipwreck site. At least one of the guys would get in the water with you to make sure you saw the turtles and different fish up close. You certainly won't go hungry or thirsty on this cruise either! I would highly recommend this excursion and would do it again in a heartbeat. I wish I could go back tomorrow!

One thing I will add though - if you are coming from a cruise ship (as most of us are), the email they send you after booking will direct you to leave the main terminal building, walk out the main gates to the roundabout. Once you get to this point, you WILL NOT see anyone with a sign for the boatyard or heatwave cruises. You will have to ask around but it is really unclear and very unsettling to not be able to find the group you've given your credit card number to. They will send a taxi driver to pick you up and he will know how many people he is looking for but other than that, it's a little hit or miss. I would almost recommend making your own sign that says 'Heatwave cruises' and hold it up as you approach the roundabout. You'll probably find the right people faster! :p

After the unsettling start to the tour with the taxi debacle though, I had a blast on the Heatwave and would highly recommend it. There were fewer people on my sailing (on a bigger catamaran) than on the other highly recommended tour company on this site (ahem - no names mentioned).

Thank you Ashley9880 for the review. :D

I have a couple of questions for you... Did they debit your credit card for the deposit before the day or did you just pay in full with cash when you arrived? I am also wondering what time you arrived back from the sailing and how long did it take you to get back to the cruise dock. We have an all aboard at 3:30pm so want to know if we are going to be rushing back.

Thanks again

Carla:)

Can you tell me if the heatwave boat actually does any sailing or do they just motor from snorkeling stop to snorkeling stop?

MSN - They did put the sails up on the catamaran but I don't think we really used them. I'm pretty sure we just motored around. I'm not a sailing expert so I really don't know. If I find out differently from them, I'll let you know.

Thank you Ashley9880 for the review. :D

I have a couple of questions for you... Did they debit your credit card for the deposit before the day or did you just pay in full with cash when you arrived? I am also wondering what time you arrived back from the sailing and how long did it take you to get back to the cruise dock. We have an all aboard at 3:30pm so want to know if we are going to be rushing back.

Thanks again

Carla:)

They didn't charge the credit card in advance so we were charged the full amount when we got there. I'm sure you could just pay in cash if you wanted.

I'm thinking we arrived back at the ship around 3:30pm. We were a little late leaving that morning though. I'm sure the guys would make sure you were back in time if you let them know. Once you get back to the boatyard, you can immediately be put into a van to get back to the terminal. It might be close but I think you would make it.

Archived