Coral Breeze Tours

CSKoehler

I found an interesting tour involving Manatee Watch, Barrier Reef Snorkel, and Bannister Beach Break that looks interesting thru Coral Breeze Tours. Has anyone experienced this tour? If so, can you give an opinion about the tour and the tour company?

I am also interested in this tour through coral breeze. I did an excursion through RCCL when I was in Belize last time. It was a snorkel trip with a stop at Bannister island. It was really fun. We will be on the Carnival Legend next month and I would like to book this tour. I haven't yet, and would like to hear about this trip or experience with coral breeze before I do. How crowded is it? Anyone out there done this tour? Thanks!:)

Hi~

If you go back to the main Belize page and put Manatee in the search forum box it brings up a bunch of threads that touch on that tour. I tried to link it but for some reason it wouldn't work. It sure is hard to decide what to do, every day I think we have it figured out and then I read about something else I might want to try :)

Thank you TakeMeAway. Good suggestion, I did find quite a bit of information on this tour. Most of the reviews weren't great so I may keep looking. Any other ideas for snorkeling?

I feel the same way, it's so hard when you think you have found a great excursion and then read a bunch of negatives :(

We are probably going to go with Fab Tours, their main tour which includes snorkeling and some beach time at the end. Not sure when you cruise is but I will be sure to post a review when we get back in a few weeks letting you know how it went :)

We will be on the Legend Oct. 19th cruise. It looks like you'll be there before me. I will look into Fab tours. I haven't checked them out yet. I would love it if you could come back and post and let me know what you decide to do, and if you enjoyed it or not. I hope you have a wonderful cruise!

Leigh Ann

We will be on the Legend Oct. 19th cruise. It looks like you'll be there before me. I will look into Fab tours. I haven't checked them out yet. I would love it if you could come back and post and let me know what you decide to do, and if you enjoyed it or not. I hope you have a wonderful cruise!

Leigh Ann

Well I couldn't stand it anymore and just ended up booking with Coral Breeze today. I opted for the lunch included package and will surely post a review once we get back. Mark was really nice to deal with and I expressed my concern over reading about others having to wait over an hour past their time to leave and also about having to follow the guide while snorkeling. He assured me that they will no longer wait more than 15 minutes for stragglers and that if your a real novice snorkeler than you will have to stay near the guide. So time will tell, it feels good to have something booked and we're looking forward to it :)

OK Takemeaway, I'm waiting for you to return and give me a review before I book anything for Belize. I know I want to take my kids to snorkel that gorgeous reef in Belize, but there's not many choices out there. When I was there in Jan. '07 it was the most beautiful water and snorkeling I had ever experienced. I want my girls to see that. I am concerned over having to stay right together also. The "flippers in the face" comment was not encouraging! I'm glad you've decided and will wait until you get back. That's the only stop I haven't booked anything. I'll still have time when you get back. Have a WONDERFUL cruise and I'll be waiting to hear from you. Thanks!!!!

I should have mentioned that I didn't book the Manatee excursion, we booked the Snorkel/Shark Ray/Caye Caulker one. It didn't seem like there was much success with seeing the manatee so we went with this one. Fingers crossed it turns out great, like I said Mark was very nice to work with in booking. I also like that we don't have to meet them until 730 Belize time (2 hours behind right now) so we won't have to rush off the ship.

I should have mentioned that I didn't book the Manatee excursion, we booked the Snorkel/Shark Ray/Caye Caulker one. It didn't seem like there was much success with seeing the manatee so we went with this one. Fingers crossed it turns out great, like I said Mark was very nice to work with in booking. I also like that we don't have to meet them until 730 Belize time (2 hours behind right now) so we won't have to rush off the ship.

I too didn't end up booking that tour. We really don't snorkel and if you don't snorkel it looked like it was mostly just beach time, which we could do on another island. We leave on the Legend Oct. 12th. Ended up booking a tour with Nacho/Cynthia for cave tubing and zoo visit. To tell you the truth, none of the tours in this port really look all that interesting....but hopefully this one will be memorable.

Hello, knoxvilliecruiser! My family will be on the same cruise as you and we are also in Knoxville (Halls area). I am having a hard time coming up with something for Belize too, but I'm also having a hard time with Roatan. I know this isn't a Roatan board, but if you don't mind me asking what did you decide for there? I'm leaning toward Fins and Flippers, but can't decide for sure. What ages are your kids? My two are 11 and 8, just wondering if they might find a playmate from Knoxville too!:)

I should have mentioned that I didn't book the Manatee excursion, we booked the Snorkel/Shark Ray/Caye Caulker one.

We have the shark/ray snorkel booked with Coral Breeze for Feb so I just wanted say that I'll be looking forward to your review! I haven't found out too much about this specific excursion in the forums.

We are in Fountain City, just over the ridge from you. Small world! My kids are 15 and 11, both girls. I have everything booked except Belize. Actually Fins and Flippers is in Roatan.

I'm hoping to feel more comfortable with something to book here soon. I was in Belize on an RCI cruise in Jan.'07 and snorkeled the reef and enjoyed beach at Bannister Caye. We chose a ship excursion that day due to not having to tender into port. But it was really crowded so I was hoping to do a independent excursion this time. The snorkeling was fabulous and I definitely want my kids to experience it. Email me if you'd like and we can chat about plans. My email is lbolton@comcast.net. Nice to meet you!

Sorry Legendary! I didn't fully read your post about Roatan. You know Fins and Flippers is there. I looked at Fins and Flippers also, but when my oldest saw Ziplining she went nuts. We have booked a driver with Victor Bodden and will be Ziplining and then going to a beach in the West Bay area for the rest of the day. Maybe a little shopping at the port before we leave. I hope to hear from you soon! My name's Leigh Ann.

We used Coral Breeze for a snorkel trip and Caulker Cay, with lunch. It was a great tour. Would highly recommend it. Coral Breeze had their act together. The only thing you must be aware of is that it's at least a 45 minute boat ride in open water and around small islands to the snorkel site -- need serious sunscreen/hat/etc.

I found an interesting tour involving Manatee Watch, Barrier Reef Snorkel, and Bannister Beach Break that looks interesting thru Coral Breeze Tours. Has anyone experienced this tour? If so, can you give an opinion about the tour and the tour company?

I used them for this tour in Feb. they did a great job. I plan to use them this Dec. for scuba diving, because they did such a winderful job. :)

How disappointing! :cool: I still haven't decided what to book. This is the only port I don't have plans for yet. I was looking forward to hearing how your experience was.

I have realized that we will be the only ship in port the day we are there. If coral Breeze still offered the manatee snorkel, I wonder if it would be less crowded than some of the reviews I've read. My only problem with the whole thing is that someone reported that you have to follow a guide in a line behind him to snorkel. I want to be able to swim around on my own and not right behind someone. Maybe I should contact CB and discuss my concern. I've been to Bannister Caye and it is beautiful. I know my family would enjoy that after snorkeling. Let us know what you end up booking if you don't mind. I hope it all works out for you. Have a great cruise!

Well I won't be giving a review since we rec'd an email saying our tour with CB was cancelled due to lack of interest and the cost of gas. Apparently only four people signed up :(

Mark from CB recommended another tour operator so I have an email out to them, wish me luck :)

I am on the same cruise as you and was consider this too, oh well. Keep us posted on what you find, because I am still searching too.

I am on the same cruise as you and was consider this too, oh well. Keep us posted on what you find, because I am still searching too.

Well it was between CB's and Fab Tours, CB was quicker to respond so we went with them however looks like it's not happening. I pulled up my email from Fab Tours and it said you could just book at the pier, their staff have a booth and wear yellow Fab Tour shirts I guess. The tour is cheaper and doesn't include lunch but it looks fun so I think we are going to just go with them.

I haven't broken the news to DD yet, she was really looking forward to this tour :(

It's so exciting to think we're going away in three days :) I might poke around a little more tonight and if I find anything good I will come back and post :)

Well it was between CB's and Fab Tours, CB was quicker to respond so we went with them however looks like it's not happening. I pulled up my email from Fab Tours and it said you could just book at the pier, their staff have a booth and wear yellow Fab Tour shirts I guess. The tour is cheaper and doesn't include lunch but it looks fun so I think we are going to just go with them.

I haven't broken the news to DD yet, she was really looking forward to this tour :(

It's so exciting to think we're going away in three days :) I might poke around a little more tonight and if I find anything good I will come back and post :)

How old is your dd? My girls are 8 & 5. I have been looking at belizecruiseexcursions dot com. I never heard of Fabtours, right now I am so confused and have no idea what we are going to do.

How disappointing! :cool: I still haven't decided what to book. This is the only port I don't have plans for yet. I was looking forward to hearing how your experience was.

I have realized that we will be the only ship in port the day we are there. If coral Breeze still offered the manatee snorkel, I wonder if it would be less crowded than some of the reviews I've read. My only problem with the whole thing is that someone reported that you have to follow a guide in a line behind him to snorkel. I want to be able to swim around on my own and not right behind someone. Maybe I should contact CB and discuss my concern. I've been to Bannister Caye and it is beautiful. I know my family would enjoy that after snorkeling. Let us know what you end up booking if you don't mind. I hope it all works out for you. Have a great cruise!

I did express those same concerns with Mark and he said that if you have experience you will be allowed to move away from the guides. As for waiting over an hour for the tour to leave he said they no longer wait, max time is 15 minutes I think he said. He did offer me another tour operators name and if your interested I would be happy to post it, let me know :)

Archived