Majorca/Mallorca Pearls

I have done several searches hoping to find the answer to my question before posting, but haven't had any luck finding what I need so here goes. I would like to purchase some pearls next year on our TA cruise, (I know these are man-made, not real pearls), and I know that you can purchase the Mallorca Pearls in various stores in Barcelona as well as Palma di Mallorca, and I was just wondering if anyone knows if one can get better prices at the factory in Palma or if their prices are comparable to the prices in the stores. I would imagine that store prices would be fairly uniform from on place to the next (ie Barcelona, Palma, etc.) but if anyone knows otherwise, please let me know. I would hate to spend a lot of time visiting the factory rather than seeing other sites, if i could pick some up for the same price while shopping in Barcelona earlier in the trip.

Thank You!

Laurie

Mallorcan pearls are made by two principal factories - Majorica and Orquieda. You might find more help on their websites. I would still think that factory purchases would be cheaper (no middlemen), and a visit to their showrooms near Inca can be linked up with visits to the Caves of Drach and the eastern coast for a swim.

Archived