Formal nights?

repeater

Hi,

We're going on a weekend cruise on the Mercury, annual event, for 3 nights. The brochure listed how many formal nights were on each length cruise, but it started at 7 night cruises. For a shorter one, is there a dressy night? What shall I pack?

The docs for our upcoming cruise include a page for "Evening Wear Planner", but it lists from 4 to 15 nights. For the 4 night, it lists one formal. If you like dressing up you can take a formal outfit and even if there is not an official formal night, you can still dress up.

I have read there is a formal night on 4 night cruises and that Celebrity formal nights are overall more dressy than on RCCL but I'm wondering what I will really find on a short cruise like this.

Do I really take the time and space to pack our formals? If others are in it, I'd wish I would have packed it but if there not, it might be nice to have less to bring and worry about fussing over.

Stephanie :cool:

There was a discussion on this topic on the Roll Call for the September 19th cruise on the Millennium.

A customer service rep from Celebrity replied, in an email, that a formal night on a 3 day cruise is at the discretion of the ship itself. In order to get a definite answer, this CSO called the ship to ask if there was a formal night on this particular cruise, and was told that there was not.

I was on a 3 day Pacific Coastal last year, and the dress code was Casual-Informal-Casual. Dress on the Informal night was about 50% casual and 50% informal. On casual nights, the dress was about 70% casual and 30% oh-my-gad-are-you-actually-going-to-wear-that-out-in-public?

The Hotel Manager told me that the cruise had a HUGE number of first-time cruisers and the average age was very, very young for a Celebrity cruise. Many twenty-somethings. The cruise was quite inexpensive.

Archived