Departing from Miami, but flying into FLL??

thegpars

As of this spring, the "Go Shuttle" was $18.00 per person.

Not really a distinct benifit with flying into Ft. Lauderdale, (Personally if I am staying over night i like the town better)

It just depends on which city you can get a flight deal into, but again, its $18.00 per person on the go shuttle. A cab would be well over $80.00

We flew into Fort Lauderdale because it was probably $100 cheaper per person and there were 4 of us. I made arrangements with Quality Limo Service to pick us up from the hotel (SpringHill Suites) in Fort Lauderdale to take us to the port the following day and then pick us up from the port and take us to the airport. It cost us $122.40 round trip.

Both SpringHill Suites and Quality Limo were great! SpringHill Suites was quite a bit cheaper than staying in Miami.

There are MANY direct flights from FLL to your home city,

while NOT many from Miami.

Lesson learned trying to get home from Miami in early August.

Flight was delayed getting to Miami for flight out of Miami at noon..

so our connection was missed, resulting in barely getting home

at 10pm and placed on stand by..thanks Continental (not)...next time we will fly from FLL like our friends did

and had a direct flight. We all left the ship at 8am, they got

home at 4 pm from FLL,, we got home at 10pm from Miami.

all day waiting to get home. hurricanes had not even started.

I always preferred FLL airport to MIA airport. It is much smaller and easier to deal with all around. Also, the hotels in the area a little nicer than near the port or the MIA airport. It really boils down to savings and convience. You may think having to get transportation an inconvience to Miami Port, but that far outways any inconvenience I have experienced at MIA airport.

I recently moved from Miami to Los Angeles and still prefer to fly into FLL when it is cheaper.

When we sailed out of Miami we flew in to FLL on Sat. and rented a car from National. Stayed in FLL on the beach for pretty reasonable, had a car to drive around in and drove ourselves down to National office in South Beach Sunday. Turned in the car and they shuttled us to the port. It was easy and the flights were cheap enough to pay for the overnight in FLL and the car. Made for a great way to start the cruise!

When we sailed out of Miami we flew in to FLL on Sat. and rented a car from National. Stayed in FLL on the beach for pretty reasonable, had a car to drive around in and drove ourselves down to National office in South Beach Sunday. Turned in the car and they shuttled us to the port. It was easy and the flights were cheap enough to pay for the overnight in FLL and the car. Made for a great way to start the cruise!

this is exactly what we've done for all of our previous cruises out of Miami, we'll be doing the same thing on our upcoming cruise.

We took Go Shuttle as well--private sedan and loved it. We were even able to swing by CVS Pharmacy to pick up something that we'd forgotten at home. They were great. We took Fort Lauderdale shuttles going home, but just note that the price you are quoted doesn't include gratuity but the price you are charged automatically includes 20% gratuity. They were nice; I liked the private sedan a bit better. :cool:

I like FLL better than MIA. Coming from Washington National, I take USAirways. I have friends in FLL so I usually go a few days early to spend time with them. On the way back I take the FLL shuttle from the port, I think it was $20 each last time.

Archived