Baboon Sanctuary and Zoo?

Addictedtwo

Hi. They are not the same, but I think they're not too far apart geographically. We were in Belize a few weeks ago w/RCCL and hired a taxi for the trip to the baboon sanctuary. It was about a 45 minute drive and I think we passed the entrance or turn off for the zoo on the way. The sanctuary is actually a private, family owned property. One of the family members, Shane, was working around the property when we arrived with our driver (we had no pre-arranged appointment). Really nice young guy..educated in the states and returned to Belize to help maintain the sanctuary. We walked around the property, learned about the trees and the history of the environment, and then fed the baby monkeys that came out of the trees when Shane "called" them.

We really enjoyed the trip. It was an interesting way to spend a few hours. Our driver, Linda knew Shane well and walked around with us. On the way back to town we stopped at the t-shirt wholesaler and bought some shirts for next to nothing. Linda charged us around $100 for the trip. At about 3 1/2 hours, it was a great deal for a private excursion. PM me if you want her email address.

Enjoy your trip!

Hi. They are not the same, but I think they're not too far apart geographically. We were in Belize a few weeks ago w/RCCL and hired a taxi for the trip to the baboon sanctuary. It was about a 45 minute drive and I think we passed the entrance or turn off for the zoo on the way. The sanctuary is actually a private, family owned property. One of the family members, Shane, was working around the property when we arrived with our driver (we had no pre-arranged appointment). Really nice young guy..educated in the states and returned to Belize to help maintain the sanctuary. We walked around the property, learned about the trees and the history of the environment, and then fed the baby monkeys that came out of the trees when Shane "called" them.

We really enjoyed the trip. It was an interesting way to spend a few hours. Our driver, Linda knew Shane well and walked around with us. On the way back to town we stopped at the t-shirt wholesaler and bought some shirts for next to nothing. Linda charged us around $100 for the trip. At about 3 1/2 hours, it was a great deal for a private excursion. PM me if you want her email address.

Enjoy your trip!

Sounds good! Can you post her email here or do you want me to post mine?

Thanks.

Archived