Scheduling a Meet and Greet

inai

Can anyone tell me how to schedule a meet and greet and how many Ccer's need to attend.

You need 20 on your roll call.

Send an e-mail to:

shipcoordinator(NAME OF SHIP)@ncl.com

Include details of your sail in the subject line (i.e. Majesty to Bermuda 9/13) and in the body say you have x number of folks on your CC roll call and you're interested in having a Meet and Greet. It may take a day or so, but someone will get back to you, and it will all work out from there.

Good luck.

We've never had a minimum number in the past. Is this something new? We had about 15 at our M&G last June on the Dawn. No problems.

Oh, and the email has changed. It's now GroupEventsPlanner(ship name)@ncl.com

There's no minimum, I set one up last week and that question was never asked.

I just set one up for our Sun cruise in a week. Our group events coordinator said that they don't want the information and won't do the setup until you are two weeks to cruise time. She also said that one of the reasons they want you to wait is because a lot of times people won't join your roll call until the last minute. She will ask for a maximum number of people attending and can only make a change to that number twice after scheduling. We have 28 attending but I told them 40 to be safe as there were some we had not heard back from when I booked a week ago. Nothing was ever mentioned about needing a minimum number of people.

Kristy

I scheduled our meet and greet for the Dawn next week. The ship co-ordinator just set it up for a certain time at a certain place. Never asked how many, never asked me for my cabin number, never gave us any choices, etc. Just said you can meet at X at X. I was surprised that no other information was asked.

CG

I scheduled our meet and greet for the Dawn next week. The ship co-ordinator just set it up for a certain time at a certain place. Never asked how many, never asked me for my cabin number, never gave us any choices, etc. Just said you can meet at X at X. I was surprised that no other information was asked.

CG

Our choice was the first sea day at 11am so that is what I asked for and luckily that is what we got! It is my first meet and greet so I'm really excited about it! One week to go! Whoohoo. :D

Kristy

You are better off just setting up a time on a weekend cruise, say informally on your boards, meet ---- at ----, it is such a short time, everyone is cramming things in and officially they don't really have the scheduling time informal is fun too, that way you can get one with the fun

mew1

The M&G I set up, they just asked the # for how much to set out for the coffee & Pastries. Also the Captain asked the HD to send a bottle of Champagne to all that attended, Very nice. It was a chance to talk with the officers of the ship, and here there favorite place, ships etc.

Just back off the Dream, Sept 7-14. Captain and many senior officers attended the CC meet and Greet. Although there were only 8 CC members, the Captain and officers stayed around for about 30-40 minutes chatting with us and the Captian made a point of meeting each CC member and engaging them in conversation. They provided coffee, tea, orange juice, pasteries and cookies.

Coordinated the M and G on the Pearl. Let the NCL coordinator know of interest, gave common courtesy of an estimate of attendees (ship provided beverages and muffins) and took the time to introduce myself to the wonderful on board contact Tracy. No rules, no minimums, just polite courtesy to give the ship a heads up. Hotel Director, Cruise Director and others were available to our 40 members. NCL made it all very easy. They even threw in free bowling for everyone who atteneded.

Just back off the Dream, Sept 7-14. Captain and many senior officers attended the CC meet and Greet. Although there were only 8 CC members, the Captain and officers stayed around for about 30-40 minutes chatting with us and the Captian made a point of meeting each CC member and engaging them in conversation. They provided coffee, tea, orange juice, pasteries and cookies.

I can't remember his name. but the Captain of the Dream when I sailed a couple years ago was probably the most approachable I've met. I was sitting at the outdoor bar one day and he sat down next to me, ordered his lunch, and chatted the whole time he was eating. Very personable.

The correct e-mail is:

groupeventjade@ncl.com

Just substitute the name of the ship......

While we are on the subject....

For those of you that have arranged these meet and greets, do you usually have activities planned? I know the ship sends Officers over if they are able to, but...exactly what happens at these meet and greets?

Thanks for your reply!!

The correct e-mail is:

groupeventjade@ncl.com

Just substitute the name of the ship......

While we are on the subject....

For those of you that have arranged these meet and greets, do you usually have activities planned? I know the ship sends Officers over if they are able to, but...exactly what happens at these meet and greets?

Thanks for your reply!!

Flying totally blind I set up the meet and greet for our sailing. From a suggestion that someone gave me on another thread we are doing a small gift exchange as sort of an ice breaker/conversation starter. Each cabin is bringing something from their part of the world/country. I think two cabins have chosen not to participate but that's ok. Other than that it will be getting to know each other and speaking with whatever officers attend. I asked if everyone wanted it more elaborate and no one did. They all opted for simple and uncomplicated since it is everyone's first meet and greet. Hope this helps.

Kristy

Kristy, thank you for your reply.

I think doing a small gift exchange is a wonderful idea, especially when incorporating it with someones home town, or city...or even country!

Next time someone asks, I will be sure to make that suggestion.

As an aside...the Event Planners all work very differently. Keeping in mind that some ships go out every week, some twice a week, and some once every two weeks. The Dawn, especially, is an extremely busy ship. That particular planner may just have a time put aside with the ship, so that it's one less thing to go back and forth over. I don't know for sure, but, if it were me, that's how I would do it.

I have heard that usually the Meet and Greets are done on the first full day on board, usually a sea day, mid-morning. So far, that seems to work out best for everyone....but, you never know what other obligations the ship may have.

I hope that this information is as helpful to all of you, as your information has been to me.

I haven't cruised in over 20 years, but...crossing my fingers...I will be on the 2 day Pearl sailing on 10/10/08. Maybe I will see some of you there?:)

I guess I should have read ALL of the threads before I sent my email to NCL:confused:

I had already kind of set up the day & time with ev1 in our CC group first so hopefully the events coordinator won't be mad that I didn't pick the first full sea day. Oh well, worst that will happen is nobody from NCL will show up and my 25+ CCers will sit around having cocktails with me LOL!!

• 3 weeks later...

Is there some kind of post/instructions for setting up a Meet and Greet? So far there are 4 (groups of 2) on my cruise and if no one else volunteers I will be happy to do it, but would like some guidance.

Thanks, in advance.

Flying totally blind I set up the meet and greet for our sailing. From a suggestion that someone gave me on another thread we are doing a small gift exchange as sort of an ice breaker/conversation starter. Each cabin is bringing something from their part of the world/country. I think two cabins have chosen not to participate but that's ok. Other than that it will be getting to know each other and speaking with whatever officers attend. I asked if everyone wanted it more elaborate and no one did. They all opted for simple and uncomplicated since it is everyone's first meet and greet. Hope this helps.

Kristy

We did the small gift exchange on our Alaskan cruise on the Pearl in May. It was so much fun! We had people from all over America and Australia. It was great; I highly recommend doing it!:D

Archived