Need Gas Price info on I-95, am really concerned.

deenab

Dh and I normally drive to the Florida ports because we enjoy the ride. But I am getting a little concerned this time. We leave 9/26 for a cruise out of Miami on the Destiny, Sept 27th. Gas here in SC has gone up $.75 a gallon in 2 days to $4.39 and some stations have been limiting cars to 10 gallons per trip. Don't want to fly because we did priceline for hotels and they are already paid for.

SO, can those of you in GA and FLA give us an update on gas prices going down I95? I realize we don't leave for 2 weeks and things could change, but I would rather be prepared and have too much money and lots of stations than not be able to make my cruise.

Thanks ahead of time. :D I always know I can count on fellow CCrs for whatever info I need...

Dh and I normally drive to the Florida ports because we enjoy the ride. But I am getting a little concerned this time. We leave 9/26 for a cruise out of Miami on the Destiny, Sept 27th. Gas here in SC has gone up $.75 a gallon in 2 days to $4.39 and some stations have been limiting cars to 10 gallons per trip. Don't want to fly because we did priceline for hotels and they are already paid for.

SO, can those of you in GA and FLA give us an update on gas prices going down I95? I realize we don't leave for 2 weeks and things could change, but I would rather be prepared and have too much money and lots of stations than not be able to make my cruise.

Thanks ahead of time. :D I always know I can count on fellow CCrs for whatever info I need...

We live in Georgia...some places are out of gas & alot of the others are rationing it out. It is around $3.85 here. But your right...it could change in the next 2 weeks (hopefully for the better).

My sister called me this morning, she ilves near Tallahassee and said it is going up and she has heard some places are rationing or are out, but she had not seen that herself. People always panick during and after a storm. I would suggest that you prepare for the worst, but hopefully it will be okay by the time you travel.

I drove to Florida from NJ in Aug of this year. My car is a diesel, it was expensive, but from NJ to Tampa was a tank and 1/2 down and a tank and 1/2 back. One good thing about diesel is I can fill it. No rationing. its more money but great MPG

There are a few stations on the west coast of Flordia that spiked the price yesterday but seems to be down today. I bought gas today for only 2 cemts more than I have paid in a couple of weeks. Governor Crist was on tv last telling the citizens of Florida that there is not a gas shortage in Fl and will not be one. It seems we get most of our gas from Alabama and Mississippi refineries. Hope this helps. Have a great cruise.

We live in Georgia, around Augusta (I-20, not I-95 sorry), but here we saw it yesterday anywhere from 4.15 to 4.35 at the lowest (up from 3.56), and I've seen on the news where it's as high as $5.05 per gallon. A lot of the local stations are either out, selling premium only, and some are even limiting the purchases to $15.00 at a time. I'm glad my car is good on gas, and I have enough to last at least another week already in there.

Check out www. gasbuddy. com. This website will provide you with information about gas prices in a specific location, gas trends (are they going up or down?), and finally it will tell you where the cheapest gas stations is in a specific area. Very useful not only for when you're on the road, but also when trying to find a gas station locally.

We live outside of Savannah and gas has gone up from $3.59 on Thurs to 4.39 yesterday. The last 2 exits in GA before you go into Fl has always been the cheapest in Ga on I-95.

This is where I live, it was $3.99 when I left work this morning, don't know what it is now though.

Live right outside Augusta too -- North Augusta, SC to be exact -- and it's $5.29/gal here on this side of the river!!!

We live in Georgia, around Augusta (I-20, not I-95 sorry), but here we saw it yesterday anywhere from 4.15 to 4.35 at the lowest (up from 3.56), and I've seen on the news where it's as high as $5.05 per gallon. A lot of the local stations are either out, selling premium only, and some are even limiting the purchases to $15.00 at a time. I'm glad my car is good on gas, and I have enough to last at least another week already in there.

Yesterday the gas in Morristown, TN, most started out at 3.69 within two hours it was 3.89, one station went from 4.11 to 4.59 in 15 minutes. Last night going from here to Johnson City it ranged from 3.99 to 4.50 and today going to Knoxville most are 4.99. It is sad how they do the gas prices during a hurricane.

We are leaving next Friday driving to Port Caneveral & we are hoping the prices are back down.

Here in Roanoke, VA we usually have pretty cheap gas. I know, we're not on I-95 but I-81. Everyone panicked yesterday, lines were backed up into the street, stations have imposed a 10 gallon limit, and prices jumped from about 3.50 to 3.99 in a few hours time.

I think things will calm down after the panic dies down. I kept trying to tell people at work yesterday that the panic only drives up demand thus prices.

Luckily I have a hybrid and currently have a half tank full, so I can go about another 3 weeks before I need a fill-up. :D

If it makes any of you feel better we are paying $5.55 for 4 litres of regular gas (which is roughly 1 gallon). Our city has multiple refineries and we still pay for it like it is liquid gold. ((sorry, I know this is off topic))

These gas prices are ridiculous. They tell you on the TV to report any gas gouging. I feel these gasoline companies are taking advantage of any situation lately that comes along to raise the gas prices. You would have to report almost all of these gasoline dealers. Nobody is doing anything! Very frustrating!

These gas prices are ridiculous. They tell you on the TV to report any gas gouging. I feel these gasoline companies are taking advantage of any situation lately that comes along to raise the gas prices. You would have to report almost all of these gasoline dealers. Nobody is doing anything! Very frustrating!

I heard on the news that many hotels/motels that Galveston evacuees went to doubled and tripled their regular rates!

That just seems so shameful to me. They mentioned that there are laws against price gouging....and if that is true, I hope these people are taken to task.

I paid $3.89/gallon yesterday afternoon. As I was paying for my gas, the station owner announced they were putting a $30 limit on all gas purchases because they were running out of gas. Last night on Fox News they had an article about a station not far from our house that was charging $6.00 a gallon!:eek:

Back on the orginal purpose of this thread - better to have too much money than not enough! I would say that by the time you leave for your cruise, things will have settled back down a bit.

This is where I live, it was $3.99 when I left work this morning, don't know what it is now though.

When I posted my original post about the gas and staying my son, it is in St Marys GA where we will stop. He is stationed at Kings Bay, been there for several years, just came off the West Virginia and works on the base now. He and his family live on Sea Hawk Ct.

What a small world!

Archived