Too Late To Request OBC Etc?

helovesyou

Me and my friend are sailing on the Carnival Imagination 09/22/08. We booked thru VTG. I"ve noticed the price is now $149 on the website. We paid $229 per person. When we got our e-docs, we did go from an inside stateroom to category 5A R#2. Is it too late to request an OBC or upgrade? This is only my second cruise so I'm still learning the ropes:)

Thanks in advance

Karen

Me and my friend are sailing on the Carnival Imagination 09/22/08. We booked thru VTG. I"ve noticed the price is now $149 on the website. We paid $229 per person. When we got our e-docs, we did go from an inside stateroom to category 5A R#2. Is it too late to request an OBC or upgrade? This is only my second cruise so I'm still learning the ropes:)

Thanks in advance

Karen

We are going in the same sailing, I got so far 3 OBC's but the Imagination is 179 for the Sept 22 sailing not $149.00. Is never late to call.

Good luck

Well VTG shows $149 or do I have to go by what Carnival is selling it for? Also can I call carnival myself or will I have to call my TA and make a request? Would their be any reason they wouldn't be able to honor the request?

Thanks for the quick response:)

Karen

Well VTG shows $149 or do I have to go by what Carnival is selling it for? Also can I call carnival myself or will I have to call my TA and make a request? Would their be any reason they wouldn't be able to honor the request?

Thanks for the quick response:)

Karen

he loves you what is VTG?? I will tell them lol

Maybe I can get another OBC

Call them

:)

Even though we aren't allowed to mention agencies by name here....

From what I understand, you must go through the agency you booked with. Carnival will not give you OBC if you're booked through an outside agency. It's up to your agent to get any perks for you.

It would be up to my TA weather or not I got an OBC?? Will some TA not give credits when the price is lower? Not to complain but that doesn't seem fair:(

Yeppers... it is at the discretion of your TA if they choose to have your rates adjusted. Most TA's will be willing to do so even though they may be losing some commission. Call your TA and see if they are willing to do it for you.

5A's are forward on the ship.....if you have something mid ship and are happy with it or concerned of motion distress (which can be more possible on staterooms forward), you may want to stay put. But as for worrying what your TA thinks... kind gesture on your part, but they work for you and want repeat business and referrals I am sure, so why not do anything within reason to appease their clients ?

Well I guess I will just ask and see what she says. I won't sound a trumpet or anything. I do appreciate the upgrade and wasn't expecting it so either way I would be ok with it.

-Karen

inside to 5a is a great upgrade. As previously said here, you would check the price of the 5a. You can get the obc on the inside but you will be back in the inside or gty pool. I would keep the 5a. If cabin doesn't matter, go back to the inside and take the obc.

Archived