Splendor Aft Wrap Question

Havinsnest

Thanks for replying.

My husband is wondering about "our" cabin because we hear the afts wraps don't have much roof over the balcony. But I figure with such a new ship it is going to be a long shot to get information on that specific cabin.

Hello Havensnest:

We did the Mexican Rivera on the Pride in an aft wrap and loved our balcony. I know it is a different room class on the Splendor. But we really enjoyed the aft balcony. Some have made an issue about lack of shade and heat. But December on the Mexican Rivera is not nearly as hot as the Caribbean. We went in March and some days it was too cool on deck, But just right on our Balcony because the location on the ship is very shelterd from the wind. Also the side is covered like mafiadon said.

That handle has me chuckling. A friend of mine at work and I joke about spending to much money while on vacations, We call it "living like a Mafiaoso."... ( and if you really are a Mafia Don I mean you no disrespect ):o

Tom in Long Beach

That handle has me chuckling. A friend of mine at work and I joke about spending to much money while on vacations, We call it "living like a Mafiaoso."... ( and if you really are a Mafia Don I mean you no disrespect ):o

Tom in Long Beach

:D:D

We had to open a savings account just for trips and vacations. :rolleyes:

My handle is a play on our name and my husband's oft quoted comments during the 80s' about his "quiver being full" and "how many chicks are in a quiver?". As the chicks got older he began referring to them as Vultures, by the way.

Thanks for the answer and reassurance. Our first instinct was we'd made a good choice and, just like with a multiple choice test, we should remember to go with the first choice.

Hello Havensnest:

We did the Mexican Rivera on the Pride in an aft wrap and loved our balcony. I know it is a different room class on the Splendor. But we really enjoyed the aft balcony. Some have made an issue about lack of shade and heat. But December on the Mexican Rivera is not nearly as hot as the Caribbean. We went in March and some days it was too cool on deck, But just right on our Balcony because the location on the ship is very shelterd from the wind. Also the side is covered like mafiadon said.

Tom in Long Beach

:p I promise not to put out a contract on you. Linda

I attended a sailaway party in this cabin & there were approx 16 of us on the balcony waving goodbye to Estonia, loads of room.

There is no actual shade but it depends on the direction of the sun & how the ship is positioned as to whether you are constantly in full sun.

The cabin is very bright as it has two large windows & the bed is positioned at an angle giving you plenty of space to move around. The only movement that may disturb you is from the bow thrusters, they are used if the ship has to turn around & go into reverse to dock, even I felt that movement & I was all the way forward on deck 9.

There's very little noise to disturb you as it the cabins on deck 6 that have to put up with the noise from the lounges below them, only book an aft wrap on deck 6 if you are a night owl.

No one should be throwing anything down at you and if they do report it as its against maritime law to throw anything overboard.

Hope this has helped, sorry Ive got no pictures but I was having too much of a good time :D

Archived