Beaches near the port?

chicklily41

there are taxis that can take you over to the other side of the island.

the nice beaches are on the opposite side of the island then where the ship docks. BUT you have to be careful...you need to have a way to get back. there are resorts that do a day pass..

near the docks..not a lot...

these photos were taken on or near the dock. this area is very busy...a lot of car traffic on a very tiny street. the local mob the area, trying to sell their wares or sell a tour. for a relaxing day on the beach...google roatan, they have several websites with links to map and tours.

201110198_dwardsolderthentheylook.jpg.770ecc308f0e76e7a88f27c5a0177062.jpg

100_2676.jpg.5dad12b0ca413b759141c2e5181d1ba7.jpg

80568422_dockareaofRoatan.jpg.4de846314382eceb959a7142a0faeacf.jpg

1397898190_oldstillusedcanoe.jpg.e8dd5cda86eedfc39a97cf2a9bc189a2.jpg

We just returned and went to Fosters Beach. Beautiful beach, soft white sand and clean clear water. We used a taxi which stayed with us the entire day, $25 per person. Also tour the Island first.

Did you just catch the taxi outside the port area? Any facilities available at the beach there?

Did you just catch the taxi outside the port area? Any facilities available at the beach there?

No, it was planned in advance, he was wating for us when we got off the ship. Very nice person, clean taxi and a good driver. He will take you anyplace you want to go. Yes there are facilities, and a very good restaurant.

http://www.ronysindependenttours.com/

THanks. I just looked at his website. You said $25 pp. Were there 4 of you to get that rate, or just 2?

There were 4 of us, someone from our roll call board was actually the one who booked, was looking for someone else to share so we went with. We had a great time, funny how much we had in common, we were on the same tour (cave tubing) the next day and spent that day together also.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I've been to Roatan twice. The first time we arranged a driver ahead of time. This worked out nicely. The 2nd time we were only in for a short time so we just wandered in the shops. I think if you want to go to a beach either arrange something ahead or go with the cruise ship tour. Roatan is very poor, I love it, but I would be cautious. I have some pictures of the dock area in my signature with the NCL cruise.

I have friends who are going on a cruise with us in October and are not interested in spending money on an excursion through Carnival. Is there a beach that you can get to easily from the port? Thank you for any information!

Check out Fins n Flippers. It's actually just across the harbor from the cruise ship dock. Exit the dock, turn right and walk about 50 yards, you'll see a guy holding a Fins n Flippers sign. You will take a 5 minute boat ride over to a private island. It' not crowed, it's private, they have a bar and resturarant with cheap food and drinks that's really good, a swimming pool area with loungers and a beach with great snorkeling. It's $20 per person there. I think you would really enjoy it.

Archived