Birthday onboard

ErieCruiser08

Does anyone have any experience with celebrating a birthday on board DCL? We are planning on doing the 7-night western Carribean cruise on the magic in Jan. 09.

Its my husbands b-day and he LOVES Disney!!! I know when booking there is an option to check that says "Birthday Notification". Should I also set it up with my TA and call Disney myself to make sure they do whatever it is they do for bdays?

Also, what does Disney do onboard for bdays and do they still do all that for adults? Can we tell them what his fave Disney character is and would they incorporate that?

Sorry about so many questions! Any input would be great!

Thanks!:)

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but all they do is give you an already made large decorated (with a white chocolate imprint of the ship) piece of, well, I am not sure what it is made of. It does not taste very good, but looks pretty! And they also sang to me.

I'll bet others will have suggestions of what you can order to make your husband's birthday special. For me, just being on the ship for my big birthday was great!

Have a great cruise!

We just celebrated my son's birthday on board the Wonder. On his actual birthday they gave him a cake and sang happy birthday to him. We were to full to eat this cake so I couldn't tell you what it tasted like. He was also given a birthday pin to wear. I also ordered the birthday celebration package and our state room was decorated with several diffrent happy birthday/ character themed things and we had a cake waiting also. That cake we did have and found to be very tastey. It was a white cake, with a rasberry filling, and whipped topping with sprinkles. There are several other packages you can order if you look through the gift section of the DCL website or you can look at another website like theperfectgift.com to order a gift basket to be waiting in the room.

Archived