Lunch first day on Dawn

ddixon30

Good morning,

I was wondering if anyone could tell me what the main dining room ( i think its the venetain or something close) serves for lunch on the first day aboard. I know they tell u its not open but from previous posters, u can get it around 12:30

Good morning,

I was wondering if anyone could tell me what the main dining room ( i think its the venetain or something close) serves for lunch on the first day aboard. I know they tell u its not open but from previous posters, u can get it around 12:30

Normally the Venetian is open 12 until 2 and the buffet until about 3....

Good morning,

The menu has changed several times but there are enough selections to choose from:) Yes, it is the Venetian.

It was open in March this year for us....really glad that we took the tip to go there .... a great start to our cruise.

However, I have seen at least one post here that said they went to the Venetian, and it was closed. I don't think that post mentioned the time, so maybe that was the problem.

My suggestion is to go right to that restaurant after boarding and try to get in. We had plenty of space to stage our carry ons and the view out the rear windows was great. If it actually is close, you only lost 10 minutes or so. And...if it is closed, the Sports Bar is just forward of the elevator lobby on the left (port) side of the ship and you can drink your lunch!!

In our experience, there are three versions of the Venetian lunch on Dawn's embarkation day:

1) You arrive and the boarding paperwork says it's open for lunch - and it is! Yahoo!

2) The paperwork says it's open, but it may, or may not be (depending on what else is going on).

Please go to the Garden buffet for lunch.

And then the Venetian opens a 1/2 hour later anyway...

3) It is flat out closed (as when we went in July...). Go to the Garden Buffet or it's a long time til dinner...

I haven't seen any clear rhyme or reason to the above, but they have all happened at one point or other in the last 3 months.

Be that as it may. You are on a cruise - it's all still good!

Good morning,

The OP specially asked what they serve and not if they are open, which of course they are.

As to what they server, it will surely change from trip to trip, but as one poster indicated, enough selection that should work.

Just a thought...is the Venetian NOT open during the summer months for lunch?

Even when we have been told it is not open (it was not summer months) it WAS open.

It was open Dec. 12-19 2008 sailing and we enjoyed a lovely lunch upon embarcation while the masses were struggling with the buffet. I detest embarcation buffet!

I agree with you that this may indeed be seasonal! :confused:

My guess is they change things around a bit dependig on season. :rolleyes:

The OP specially asked what they serve and not if they are open, which of course they are.

I know the OP had asked what they served. There have been several posts/reviews in the past few months that have said the Venetian was just plain not open on embarkation day.

I think they were just giving the OP a heads up on the fact that it might NOT be open.

For our embarkation-day lunch at the Venetian, I had tilapia, which was quite good. My traveling companion had a cold beef-and-noodle dish which was NOT enjoyed.

I can't remember what else they had, but it was some sort of club sandwich or panini...I think a hamburger was also a choice. There were four or five choices.

It was open in March this year for us....really glad that we took the tip to go there .... a great start to our cruise.

. And...if it is closed, the Sports Bar is just forward of the elevator lobby on the left (port) side of the ship and you can drink your lunch!!

Like none of us have ever done that before:p

I know the OP had asked what they served. There have been several posts/reviews in the past few months that have said the Venetian was just plain not open on embarkation day.

I think they were just giving the OP a heads up on the fact that it might NOT be open.

I agree and the "heads up" is ALWAYS welcome here:)

Some posters ALWAYS have to chastise...not sure why:confused:

We just got back from the Canada/NE trip 9/7-9/14 We ate lunch in the Venetian that first day @ 12:30. There were only 2 of us so we never had a reservation anywhere and also never had a wait. It really was "freestyle" for us, in fact, we would eat dinner in one of the dining rooms and eat dessert later in the Garden Cafe. Because we were in a mini-suite, we were able to have breakfast everyday in Aqua....very nice! The gym was never crowded, the walking deck never crowded, plenty of chaises around the pool deck. In fact, the only place I noticed crowds was on the docks, Newport in particular was a zoo (due to it being a Sat.)

Archived