Food on different Carnival ships

mammothskier

I have just recently discovered this wonderful site. I wish I found it before our first cruise. Anyway we had a wonderful trip to Mexican Rivier on Carnival Pride and now looking for another cruise in the future.

We really liked food on Carnival Pride. Should we expect the same quality on other ships? Does food selection depends on ship/chef/cruise length?

Thanks in advance.

The menus are fleetwide. That doesn't mean that every item will taste the same as on another ship. Each chef will add his/her own slant and personal touch to dishes. I've found very few entrees that I didn't care for....actually only two....in all my Carnival cruises.:)

We have sailed on all but 6 of Carnival's ships and while the seasonings may vary some from ship to ship....what I love most about Carnival is their overall consistancy.

I am a very boring person. I eat the same thing on every ship. And (in general) it is nice to know what to expect.

Now every now and then you will get a chef that is a little heavy handed with the spices...but that is usually on the buffet in the Lido (according to my husband ~ I am not a big buffet person).

BTW, when friends ask me about Carnival's food..... I tell them, it is not 5 star, but you definately get your money's worth!!!

I am not a foodie...but the food has always been fine to me.

All these posts about cruise food. There is always more than enough to go around and you can always send food back and order something different. Maybe couples who book romantic balcony rooms and cozy cabins for two should focus more on the quality and quantity;) of the romance department than worrying about overeating!!! Try overromancing and then have some food to keep your energy up for "dessert in your room".

Archived