Back to Back?

aussie57

We are BTB on the PS on cruises N834 & N835 We are on Upper deck for the first cruise & Riviera Deck for the 2nd one

Anyone know what the procedure will be re changing cabins & moving our luggage, as well as disembarking & re embarking in Brisbane on the changeover day?

Thanks

I can't help you, but am interested to hear any replies, as my husband and I are doing B2B on Pacific Dawn next year. Like you, at this stage, we are also going to have to move cabins. I have heard that the cabin steward will move your luggage for you. It would be SO much easier if we could just stay in the same cabin ;) lol

Sarah

We did two back to backs - one in February/March and the next one in April/May. Luckily we did not have to move cabins, but if you have to, we were told that the stewards will help you.

You do not have to pack up your gear and take it off the ship. You can have a leisurely breakfast, but we warned the buffet closes at 9am sharp. You will have to disembark taking your passports, cruise card and P & O documentation showing that you are booked on the next cruise. The Purser was trying to convince us that we should enjoy our day in 'beautiful Brisbane', but because we live here, we didn't want to spend time ashore. We liaised with the Purser on the latest time we could disembark. It was around 11am. We were ushered past Immigration and Customs.

The b2b people were asked to check in for the second cruise and we did not have to join the normal line-up, although that wouldn't matter. We were given our new cruise cards, but there were some funny moments when they were looking for our passage tickets and of course they have already been removed before the first leg. Both cruises were on the same ticket. The b2b people were asked to line up and we were the first to board. We were in the terminal only half an hour or so. We were then ushered past Immigration and Customs and we were back on board.

We were told by a few different people on board that we were not required to go to the second lifeboat drill, but they asked us to remain 'out of the way'. We stayed in our cabins and had a snooze. :):)

Archived