Booked the Intercontinental Miami Anything Near there-how far to port?

livetocruisenow

Booked the Intercontinental Miami. Anything to do/see near there-how far to port? Is it nice? Thanks
We stayed at the Hyatt in Miami and walked past the InterContinental on our way to Bayside Marketplace..:)

Needless to say, Bayside has lots of things to do and great restaurants.. (We picked Bubba Gumps..):D

Intercontinental is a nice bayside hotel... You can see the ships in the harbor, but I'd guess the ride is probably 5 or 6 miles to the Port!:p

Booked the Intercontinental Miami. Anything to do/see near there-how far to port? Is it nice? Thanks

You'll be about 2 blocks from Bayside which is a touristy shopping, restaurant and entertainment mall right on the water.

The port is a ten-twelve dollar ride by cab, about 6 min or so. Too far to walk tho.

The Intercontential Bayside is one of the best hotels we have stayed in. The pool area is beautiful. The rooms are well worth the 4-star they are rated. We did enjoy the breakfast buffet in the restaurant, although alittle pricey. The food was yummy.

Like the others have said, it's a quick walk to Bayside Market. Bayside Market has alot of restaurants and shops. There is a great Brazilian Steakhouse on the second level that my partner enjoyed greatly!! I forgot the name of it...sorry.

Have fun!

Missy and Shan

I would agree about the Hotel Intercontinental...it is the nicest hotel my DH and I have ever stayed at.

Just a few steps from Bayside and the upper floor rooms with the view of Biscayne Bay are great. Rooms are large and lovely and the bathrooms are fabulous!

Enjoy!!

Bayside Market Place is a couple of blocks from the Intercontinental hotel, within walking distance, pretty safe to walk around. the Port of Miami is a couple of miles (maybe three) from the hotel and a cab should charge aprox. $10 to $12 for the ride, not per person. The hotel is very nice.:)

Bayside Market Place is a couple of blocks from the Intercontinental hotel, within walking distance, pretty safe to walk around. the Port of Miami is a couple of miles (maybe three) from the hotel and a cab should charge aprox. $10 to $12 for the ride, not per person. The hotel is very nice.:)

Actually, the side entrance to Bayside Market is right across the street from Intercontinental Hotel.

BTW, IC is our favorite Miami hotel. The hotel is beautiful, and the service is outstanding. YOu are going to love it. Just talk to the concierge when you check in and he will make arrangements for you to be picked up and taken to the port. It generally costs $6 pp.

The Intercontinental is the most beautiful hotel I have ever stayed in. As mentioned, the bathroom is gorgeous and huge. We had a room on a high floor overlooking the water. The view was expansive and amazing. We could see small planes fly by, and of course the ships beyond at the pier. I will never forget that view!

We easily walked to Bayside Market which was interesting and fun, and had a late lunch at Hardrock Cafe. But we wanted to get back to that hotel, and spent time that evening in their elegant bar having champagne, looking forward to our cruise. :)

Bayside Market Place is 5 minutes away walking from the IC Hotel, just walk straight through the waterfront park area.. it is not two blocks away.

Behind the hotel is Downtown Miami, again very easy to walk to! Just cross the street and Walgreens is right there as well as lots of shops and little places to eat.

Archived