Bay of Fundy

tamarara65

I hope you have time to get to Fundy National Park. I'm not sure of the time lines, but there is SO MUCH beautiful stuff to see on the southern shore of New Brunswick (my home). Hopewell Rocks, and Fundy National Park are to the east of St John. St Andrews and St Martin's Bay are to the West. Enjoy your visit - I sure miss home!

We've reserved our rental car at the Enterprise office in St. John. It doesn't look like it's too far from the cruise dock (132 STATION STREET), but Enterprise advertises that they'll pick you up.

The rate for the day was about $45 (Canadian dollars), as we had a discount coupon, for a standard size car.

Sunquest -- We'd planned on going to St. John. If we have time, we'll probably keep going on over to Fundy National Park. Anything in particular we should be looking for?

The covered bridge and beach at Pointe Wolfe is amazing. If you are looking for an easy short hike the "Devil's Half Acre" trail is great, "Dickson's Falls" is a little longer but also beautiful. "Herring Cove" has a great lookout and beach to stroll on. Be sure to check out the little town of Alma (just outside the park gates). They have the best sticky buns at the bakery on the main road, next to Collins Lobster Shack. I grew up in Fundy, so every memory brings a smile to my face. I hope you enjoy it as much as I have.

The covered bridge and beach at Pointe Wolfe is amazing. If you are looking for an easy short hike the "Devil's Half Acre" trail is great, "Dickson's Falls" is a little longer but also beautiful. "Herring Cove" has a great lookout and beach to stroll on. Be sure to check out the little town of Alma (just outside the park gates). They have the best sticky buns at the bakery on the main road, next to Collins Lobster Shack. I grew up in Fundy, so every memory brings a smile to my face. I hope you enjoy it as much as I have.

Thank you so much!! I had ordered some tourist information about the Bay of Fundy, and the scenery pictured was so beautiful that I knew I wanted to drive around and see things on my own time schedule. You've given me some excellent advice as to what we need to plan on seeing.

Archived