Back from Serenade Cruise

thanks for the post have 1602 in nov can't wait tok this room cause some one got 1602 these bal. are said to be the best also read a great review about sea day with the captian taken the ship close to saba island and monsurate thats spelt wrong anyway hope to see this ship and these islands

[ icon_cool.gif justacruzn when are you in 1600 we have 1602 6 nov sailing QUOTE]Originally posted by justacruzn:

Hello Parrothead8. I have booked your cabin #1600 for a November sailing. icon_cool.gif If possible could you please email me any pictures you take and your review? I would so very much appreciate it. my email is: skonovdranch@yahoo.com

TIA, Justacruzn icon_biggrin.gif

RCCL Serenade

http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;11;27;22;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

icon_cool.gif

SHELLLEYS

QUOTEicon_frown.gifin part)

...Also, beware that our friends in the Royal Suite said that kids kept ringing their door bell at all hours....your suite is right next door.

----------------------------------------------------

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!!!!!!!!! icon_rolleyes.gif

My husband and I were on the March 27th Serenade cruise to the Southern Caribbean. What a wonderful experience! Had read a few negative comments on-line about dining but we felt that the food overall was excellent. We dined one night at Portofino's and enjoyed it immensely but eating in the main dining room is wonderful, too.

The ship is gorgeous from stem to stern. Our cabin was on the 9th floor and we loved our cabin steward- very pleasant fellow from the Phillipines. We also enjoyed our waiter and assistant waiter in the main dining room. They went out of their way to please and worked tremendously hard.

We were very happy with the Serenade and the itinerary. Would highly recommend this ship and the staff on board. This was our 2nd cruise, the first one being to the Mediterranean on another line. Would not hesitate to return to this ship again!!!

Hi Parrothead, thanks for all the info. The days just cannot get here fast enough.

Hi Hambone! Love your name. We are sailing the 27th, two days after Turkey Day. Guess I will have to watch what I eat this year. Have a great time, enjoy absolutely everything but leave us a little bit of food and drink! justacruzn icon_biggrin.gif

RCCL Serenade

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;11;27;22;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Parrothead--That is so funny you're in 1600 May 30th. We started out booked in that cabin, then decided to go for the OS. Even though that cabin looks really nice, we are glad we did switch since it's a loooong walk to the middle of the ship from there. Those OS go fast but I'm sure you'll really enjoy the GS (especially 1600--it's quite a bit larger than all the others in the same category).

We were in 1602 on the Serenade on 3/6. Awesome cabin, awesome ship, great crew. As to the long walk, we paced it off and it was only 120 steps from the elevator to the cabin-really not that far! Very quiet and private, only heard some chairs moving around one morning on the Windjammer deck above. The bathroom was comparitively large, and the room was bigger than some hotel rooms I have stayed in. Beautiful woodwork. But the balcony was the highlight for us. The 1600 balcony next door IS large, but the one with 1602 is twice as big. At least 10 X 20. We had 3 lounge chairs, 2 regular chairs and a square table that was about 3 X 3, with plenty of room to still move. We liked it so much we booked it again for an Alaskan cruise in July.

-Laurie

You sure will Ham~~~~~We used our balcony on our only sea day while on the Serenade(SOCarib)............the pool area was sooooooooooo crowded.no room at all icon_mad.gif............guess they didnt patrol it like they do now...........that was my only drawback to that ship.......just the one outside pool(exposed to full sun) as opposed to the solarium,I mean.............

I really prefer the Radiance class,but like the Voyager class for more pool area...

SHELLLEYS... Hello, we were the couple that were in the Royle Suite.

It was a great cruise and would reccomend the Serenade to everybody!

Todd

Norway 7/87

Inspration 01/99

Galaxy 01/00

Ocean Princess 10/00

Ocean Princess 12/00

Enchatment of the Seas 04/01

Dawn Princess 10/01

Dawn Princess 12/01 14 days

Explorer of the Seas 08/02

Spirit 01/03

Adventure of the Seas 02/04

Serenade of the Seas 04/04

Nice move! Wish I could take 1600 and switch from my JS. icon_frown.gif DH says no.

Are you sailing on the Mariner 7/18/04?...Click here! icon_cool.gif

or HERE! icon_wink.gif

Disney Wonder 3/2000 ~ Disney Magic 9/2000 ~ RCI Vision 2/2001 ~ Carnival Victory 12/2001 ~ Celebrity Millennium 3/2003 ~ RCI Adventure OTS 9/2003 ~ RCI Mariner OTS 7/18/2004 ~ RCI Serenade OTS 9/26/2004

icon_smile.gif

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

MY MSN GROUP CRUCEROS DEL MUNDO...

MY WEBSHOPS PAGE....

Nordic Empress - 2/2001, Nordic Empress - 12/2001, Nordic Empress - 2/2002, Nordic Empress - 4/2002, Adventure of the Seas - 11/2002, Serenade of the Seas - 11/2003

What Next?

Adventure of the Seas Again 10/17/04...

Empress of the Seas 11/15/04

cONGRATULATION......

<CENTER>MY MSN GROUP CRUCEROS DEL MUNDO...

MY WEBSHOPS PAGE....</CENTER>

Nordic Empress - 2/2001, Nordic Empress - 12/2001, Nordic Empress - 2/2002, Nordic Empress - 4/2002, Adventure of the Seas - 11/2002, Serenade of the Seas - 11/2003

What Next?

I HOPE YOU BE ENJOY THERE, I DON'T ENJOY..

<CENTER>MY MSN GROUP CRUCEROS DEL MUNDO...

MY WEBSHOPS PAGE....</CENTER>

What Next?

Folgy ... You may want to ask or check to see if your balcony door to the Royal balcony is locked. You don't have a handle on your side but the other side does. I wouldn't like being in 1554 and 1556 having access but that was how it was set up when we were there.

Todd

Norway 7/87

Inspration 01/99

Galaxy 01/00

Ocean Princess 10/00

Ocean Princess 12/00

Enchatment of the Seas 04/01

Dawn Princess 10/01

Dawn Princess 12/01 14 days

Explorer of the Seas 08/02

Spirit 01/03

Adventure of the Seas 02/04

Serenade of the Seas 04/04

Great review! Does this mean that RCI has readjusted their expectations of their room stewards? OR, have we adjusted our expectations? I am looking to book my next cruise, and until this review had only been considering Princess or Disney. (I figured it was time for a change.) BUT, if RCI is getting its act back together, I'd love to book a GS on Mariner! Please say it is so!

Work like a dog. Live like a pauper. Save all your money. Then Cruise!

Todd320 quote:

-------------------------------------------

Folgy ... You may want to ask or check to see if your balcony door to the Royal balcony is locked. You don't have a handle on your side but the other side does. I wouldn't like being in 1554 and 1556 having access but that was how it was set up when we were there.

--------------------------------------------

Thankyou,

That is very kind of you to mention that. I will definitely ask when I board.

Q: Do you know if I will have a good view from this room? I tried to get the Royal Suite but it sold out ASAP.I took the one beside it because I have never been on the Bump before and was really wanting to try it.

• 9 years later...
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Since our friends had concierge service with their suite, we accompanied them each night for drinks (free) and hors'deuvres <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gee,I didnt think you were allowed to do that...I am confused now......can one bring a "non concierge" person into the lounge?????????

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;5;30;15;00;00&timezone=GMT-1000 RCCL Serenade--5/30--Alaska

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;10;28;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500 RCCL Jewel--10/28--repositioning

**RCCL SOS-8/27/04** Carnival Miracle-2/13/05**

You are not supposed to but if it isn't crowded the staff oftens looks the other way and if you didn't bring more than one or two friends.

Archived