Packing tips since there are no irons in room?

Delta Dear

We are now packing a lot less. Our last 9 day cruise our checked bags were 34 and 36 pounds each. We do bring a travel steamer and steam wrinkled stuff as we unpack. We do not then need to worry the rest of the trip.

They are not. I carried a steamer through security in my carry-on one time.

A steamer has an enclosed heating plate and if left on just burns out or nothing at all. An iron has an outside heating plate and can cause burn marks and/or fire.

FYI... we had our steamer confiscated in LA by RC last November prior to our 14 day circle Hawaii cruise. It never happened before in 10 cruises. It might have been stricter regulations or the fact that we were crossing a big piece of the Pacific and they were very cautious. We got it back at the end of the cruise.

FYI... we had our steamer confiscated in LA by RC last November prior to our 14 day circle Hawaii cruise. It never happened before in 10 cruises. It might have been stricter regulations or the fact that we were crossing a big piece of the Pacific and they were very cautious. We got it back at the end of the cruise.

Was it a steamer which looked like an iron? Gotta put a tag on which says "steamer only". Those can be confused with irons.

We carried ours through in July. The only question I got was "is that a water heater". I said "not really, kind of. Its a steamer."

That was in LA as well.

Weird though.

We usually bring some wire hangers too. After showering with the steam still in the bathroom, hang whatever item needs ironing. Forget the iron or steamer. Just pack with the plastic bags from the cleaners in between things. I use tissue paper too for the couple of nice things. Nobody cares if there is a wrinkle or two! You are going to enjoy not to do housework! Hang your stuff up right away and wear evening togs more than once. It's cold aboard so you're not sweating and ruining your clothes or anything. Bring as few items as possible too. We find bringing extra undies is important though for day and night changes. Tee shirts, coverups and bathing suits the rest. We've been many times and always have too much. You can shop aboard ship if necessary or at the ports.

Enjoy.;)

Downy Wrinkle Reducer Spray.

If you getting a hotel the night before you leave, iron everything then then unpack it right away or use a garment bag.

Thats what we do at least.

Best tip I've heard so far ... can pack an inexpensive lightweight garment bag - iron clothes at hotel that morning before going to port and then carry the garment bag to the port. I love this idea. I didn't want to buy an expensive garment bag. Thank you.

Was it a steamer which looked like an iron? Gotta put a tag on which says "steamer only". Those can be confused with irons.

We carried ours through in July. The only question I got was "is that a water heater". I said "not really, kind of. Its a steamer."

That was in LA as well.

Weird though.

Hi, no it was just a steamer. I think it was because we were going to Hawaii and were going to be out in the middle of the ocean.

Archived