Quest

tigerdadky

Quest is a game, for adults (even though parents bring there kids:confused:). It is basically a scavenger hunt. It depends on what ship you are on as to how it will work.

Either you get in small teams or the CD will divide the room into sections as teams.

Then they start asking for things. Ex:

A Simple One- The first team to show me something with three hands (a watch).

Why it's for adults - The first team to have a man wearing a woman's bra, lipstick and high heel shows.

Quest is really a fun evening! Usually it is held later in the evening in one of the larger lounges. It's fun to participate or just observe. I have a lot of

great pictures of my DH "dressed up" :) We've done it on 3 different ships and it has been different each time, so more fun for us. Check it out, but remember, what happens at Quest stays on the ship;)

A little off topic,Tigerdadky, where is Hickman, Ky.? I grew up in London.

My family is still there.

Quest is really a fun evening! Usually it is held later in the evening in one of the larger lounges. It's fun to participate or just observe. I have a lot of

great pictures of my DH "dressed up" :) We've done it on 3 different ships and it has been different each time, so more fun for us. Check it out, but remember, what happens at Quest stays on the ship;)

A little off topic,Tigerdadky, where is Hickman, Ky.? I grew up in London.

My family is still there.

Hickman is the western most town in Ky. Right on the Mississippi river and on the Tennessee state line and across the river from Missouri. I believe that London is more eastern Ky, so it is quite a ways from us.

Quest is a game, for adults (even though parents bring there kids:confused:). It is basically a scavenger hunt. It depends on what ship you are on as to how it will work.

Either you get in small teams or the CD will divide the room into sections as teams.

Then they start asking for things. Ex:

A Simple One- The first team to show me something with three hands (a watch).

Why it's for adults - The first team to have a man wearing a woman's bra, lipstick and high heel shows.

Why the heck do you give the game away????

:eek:

Sorry, i thought the questions was "What is the Quest?". Oh wait . . ;)

& Google Royal Caribbean and Quest and you get 828,000 matches. OMG - I was beaten to the punch :eek: :D

If a cruiser comes here and ask about the Quest YOU DO NOT give the game away. Give the basics such as

- Scavenger hunt for adults

- must see

If OP decides to take away all the surprise and searches for it so be it.

Sorry it has been a long standing unwritten policy among RCI cruisers on this and other boards not to give the game away.

And yes, the question was "what is quest?" Answer: an adult scavenger hunt.

The question was not "Explain Quest to me". Even then I can not remember a thread where any of the cruisers gave the game away.

At any given time there is probably a couple hundred posters on here who have seen The Quest multiple times on different classes. Why do you think there are so few responses? Because the usual answer by anybody is:

- adult scavenger hunt

- do not bring kids

- must see

- have fun

If a cruiser comes here and ask about the Quest YOU DO NOT give the game away. Give the basics such as

- Scavenger hunt for adults

- must see

If OP decides to take away all the surprise and searches for it so be it.

Sorry it has been a long standing unwritten policy among RCI cruisers on this and other boards not to give the game away.

And yes, the question was "what is quest?" Answer: an adult scavenger hunt.

The question was not "Explain Quest to me". Even then I can not remember a thread where any of the cruisers gave the game away.

At any given time there is probably a couple hundred posters on here who have seen The Quest multiple times on different classes. Why do you think there are so few responses? Because the usual answer by anybody is:

- adult scavenger hunt

- do not bring kids

- must see

- have fun

Maybe later, we can arrange for a firing squad for me :D

If it was unwritten, how would i know exactly?

Well, now you know for future reference (as a Quest question is asked nearly every week). Quest is one of those things where the least you know about it going in, the more fun you are likely to have. As FL_Cruiser stated, in the future be vague when answering questions about quest so as not to ruin the surprise. :)

I, for one, appreciate the answer. I have not been to YouTube to get all the secrets and via the hints on the various posts on this board I had pretty much figured it out. Except the part that says "unless you are easily offended". I think we would fit into that category. I still wanted specifics, but I was afraid to ask.

Based on the answer it sounds like it is pretty tame, compared to what my mind had conjured up it could be like, so we will likely be joining the Quest Family on our upcoming cruise (sans kids). I am sure it will still be fun even though the secret is out. After all, if it is still fun for people who have done it before, why would knowing a little bit about it your first time ruin it?

After all, if it is still fun for people who have done it before, why would knowing a little bit about it your first time ruin it?

I still enjoyed it the 2nd and 3rd time, but it definitely was much more fun my first time. A lot of the fun is the anticipation and suspense (and that is just not there to add to the excitement if you have done it before or learn much about it beforehand). Most people who have done quest will say that it is best knowing little to nothing going in. Same concept as knowing too much about what happens in a suspense type movie decreases the thrill.

whether it's tame or not depends on the participants a little bit....the one last week on the ALaska cruise was a bit more low key than previous cruises, but we have seen it get pretty intense (funny)...I wish they would come up with some new quests...its not as fun seeing those who have done it 10 times prepared for every quest

If it was unwritten, how would i know exactly?

Don't get tacky with me. You know what I mean with "unwritten rule".

It is a rule born out of common sense where there is a silent understanding between many people. And that you just joined this community is no excuse because many newbees on CC said in previous threads the same: go watch it.

It is just logic that you don't give away a show like that. If the cruiser wants to know more they can google on their own but most don't because they go by our suggestion: no details, go watch it.

Why are you arguing with me? All you should have done is take my advise and the advise from the other poster and just say "ok next time".

Well, now you know for future reference (as a Quest question is asked nearly every week). Quest is one of those things where the least you know about it going in, the more fun you are likely to have. As FL_Cruiser stated, in the future be vague when answering questions about quest so as not to ruin the surprise.

Thanks for your support.

I have read this thread entirely. Couple of questions...

Are the horses trained?

After changing the oil do you have to recycle it?

and

When do we know when the migration is over?

No.

Yes.

In a couple hours.

:D :p

Greatest. Game. Ever.

Its a raunchy scavenger hunt!

I came in 2nd place last year with a full house! It was so much fun! I cannot wait to play again!

Women take their bras off and men take their pants off....not for little kids or people who are easily embaressed!

Don't get tacky with me. You know what I mean with "unwritten rule".

It is a rule born out of common sense where there is a silent understanding between many people. And that you just joined this community is no excuse because many newbees on CC said in previous threads the same: go watch it.

It is just logic that you don't give away a show like that. If the cruiser wants to know more they can google on their own but most don't because they go by our suggestion: no details, go watch it.

Why are you arguing with me? All you should have done is take my advise and the advise from the other poster and just say "ok next time".

Thanks for your support.

No.

Yes.

In a couple hours.

:D :p

Now I feel smart. Thank you:)

Archived