Westjet removes fuel surcharge--effective today

I bet that has ticked off Air Canada! They just removed their second bag fee as WestJet never added one it. Now they will feel the pressure to take off the surcharge. I doubt it will help me, though - I have 2 flights booked, and I bet I won't get a refund.:rolleyes:

I bet that has ticked off Air Canada! They just removed their second bag fee as WestJet never added one it. Now they will feel the pressure to take off the surcharge. I doubt it will help me, though - I have 2 flights booked, and I bet I won't get a refund.:rolleyes:

Actually West jet is pretty good with their refunds. If your same 2 flights are more than $40 cheaper in total than what you paid then all you have to do is pay a $40 change fee per ticket and the balance will be put in a credit file that you have one year to use. Plus the credit file is transferable to anyone.

Actually West jet is pretty good with their refunds. If your same 2 flights are more than $40 cheaper in total than what you paid then all you have to do is pay a $40 change fee per ticket and the balance will be put in a credit file that you have one year to use. Plus the credit file is transferable to anyone.

I have them booked with Air Canada on Airmiles, so just had to pay taxes, fees, and surcharges. But that was bad enough!:rolleyes: They changed the times on me, too - so now I have to get up at 4:30 am. I am thinking it is almost worth it to pay a fortune and get both departing flights changed.

Archived