Liberty Pier in Coz? Changing?

mrsfuzzmo

I know the Liberty has been docking at the Punta Langosta Pier in Cozumel. I've also heard that Carnival has a pier South of the International Pier that has been damaged by a hurricane, but that one will be reopening as soon as October. Do all Carnival ships dock at that pier, then? I do hope the Liberty stays at the Punta Langosta. I hate having to cab to town. So nice and easy just walking off and your in town, and wandering back on when we are done.

Does anyone know if there is a Pier shchedule out for January 09 anywhere?

Does anyone know if the Liberty will be staying at the Punta Langosta or will it be switched to the Carnival Pier?

We just got back today from our cruise to Coz on Holiday.

We docked at the Intl Pier on the south side of San Miguel.

Yes, San Miguel is nice (especially if you're a shopper), but the southern and eastern sides of the island are so much nicer. Ive been to Coz about 15 times (benefit of teaching scuba diving LOL) and LOVE the "other" side. Explore a little if you havent before.

The Puerta Maya pier will be opened Oct 18th per the press release from Carnival. It can hold two ships. If there are more Carnival ships in port than two, they will have an option of going to the International or Punta Langosta piers. The Harbor Master determines the location. If those two piers are full, then the Carnival ship will tender to the Puerta Maya pier. In the winter, there can be as many as 9-10 ships in port.

Dave

We just got back today from our cruise to Coz on Holiday.

We docked at the Intl Pier on the south side of San Miguel.

Yes, San Miguel is nice (especially if you're a shopper), but the southern and eastern sides of the island are so much nicer. Ive been to Coz about 15 times (benefit of teaching scuba diving LOL) and LOVE the "other" side. Explore a little if you havent before.

Oh, we've been to Cozumel at least 6 times including trips there from Playa. We will be going to the East side of the island, that's our plan. It's after we get back from our day of touring that we'd just like to wander around and get back on the ship later. We are in port until 10 pm.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see. I've docked at all 3 piers on different cruises throughout the years. Punta Langosta is just the most convenient for the things we like to do...which is stay in town at local establishements for dinner and drinks and wandering around until it's time to leave. It's so nice to be able to just wander back to the ship when it's time to board.

Yes, I am going to miss Punta Langosta (at the end of CarlosN Charlies) when Puerto Maya re-opens.

Looks like we will squeeze one more Punta docking in on the Fantasy before PM reopens!!!

We should be there on the 11th.

Archived