Which to pick- Valor or Triumph?

hellokitty86

Right now I'm trying to decide which ship and itinerary to choose. We want to sail out of Miami on December 7 and these 2 ships are leaving on that date. One has a Western Caribbean itinerary (going to Grand Cayman, Isla Roatan ; Belize and Cozumel, Mexico) one has the Eastern (going to San Juan, Puerto, St. Thomas and St. Maarten).

Which ship and itinerary do you prefer and why? We are looking to book a couple excursions- parasailing, horseback riding (preferably on the beach but it doesn't have to be) and swimming with the stingrays.I'm 22 and my husband is 27. I'm alittle anxious for us to go off on our own so we will just be booking excursions through Carnival. We've never been anywhere out of the country except to RC's private island in the Bahamas so that doesn't really count ;)

We've only been on one cruise- the Enchantment of the Seas. We went to Key West and RC's private island in the Bahamas.

Anybody have any insight? We are especially excited because it will be our first balcony and during our anniverary!

Originally, we were deciding on a cruise between the Valor and the Triumph as well.

We picked the Valor for a few reasons:

~newer ship

~ bigger ship

~ more exciting itinerary for us

You should check out the Carnival site and read up on the excursions available for all of the ports and then decide from there. Also read up on both of the ships and see which one appeals to you more.

Even though the Triumph makes a stop in San Juan, it is usually a night time stop, where tours/sightseeing is very limited, so maybe keep that in mind as well.

I'm sorry I'm not of more help to you:(

Have a great anniversary, no matter which ship you pick!

I have been on both ships but did Western on both. The ships are pretty comparable except that I believe Valor is a newer ship. Considering the activities you are interested in, I would choose the Valor's Western Itinerary. I did that same cruise in Feb 2006 and had a blast!!! We actually had a replacement for Cozumel that year. We went to the beach and parasailing in GC but that's where you would want to swim with the rays. We had already done that twice. In Roatan, we went zip lining and in Belize we went cave tubing. I had been to Belize before and went horse back riding, but not on the beach. That was okay, horse were pretty small. My favorite excursion was the zip lining, as was my family's (my parents were about 60 at the time and they loved it too!).

Definitely check the excursions on Carnival's site for all ports to see what you like. I also love St. Thomas and St. Marten but because SJ is an evening stop, I wouldn't be interested in this itinerary. We're looking to book a cruise this winter and I skipped right over this one, but we are looking at Eastern this time.

Thanks so much for the replies! Does anybody else have any input?

We also are considering the 5 night Western on the Destiny that leaves December 6.

Do any of these ships (Valor, Triumph or Destiny) have basketball courts? My husband loves to play in his spare time and he could while I took my naps :p

We were on the Valor last January and absolutely loved it. It was our best cruise out of the 13 we've taken. Decor was fabulous, very "red, white and blue." My DH loved it. Food was great, service wonderful, it is a pretty new ship so it was beautiful and clean, etc. We also loved the western itinerary. You won't be disappointed if you pick the Valor!

Right now I'm trying to decide which ship and itinerary to choose. We want to sail out of Miami on December 7 and these 2 ships are leaving on that date. One has a Western Caribbean itinerary (going to Grand Cayman, Isla Roatan ; Belize and Cozumel, Mexico) one has the Eastern (going to San Juan, Puerto, St. Thomas and St. Maarten).

Which ship and itinerary do you prefer and why? We are looking to book a couple excursions- parasailing, horseback riding (preferably on the beach but it doesn't have to be) and swimming with the stingrays.I'm 22 and my husband is 27. I'm alittle anxious for us to go off on our own so we will just be booking excursions through Carnival. We've never been anywhere out of the country except to RC's private island in the Bahamas so that doesn't really count ;)

We've only been on one cruise- the Enchantment of the Seas. We went to Key West and RC's private island in the Bahamas.

I have been on the Valor twice and love the ship and crew!

I also have done an excursion on Grand Cayman that was the best excursion on all 18 cruises that I have been on. It is Reefs, Rays, and Rum Point booked with Nativeway . You get to swim with the stingrays, snorkel at a reef and spend time at the beautiful Rum Point. you are on a small boat, while you are on the boat, they order your lunch and it is ready for you when you arrive at Rum Point. We even got to drive the boat. I think there may have been some hurricane damage from Gustav. You may want to look into that first.

Do any of these ships (Valor, Triumph or Destiny) have basketball courts? My husband loves to play in his spare time and he could while I took my naps :p

Valor has a basketball court, right in front of the mini golf around the funnel. I'm not sure about Triumph or Destiny, but Victory (same class as Triumph) did not.

I am looking at Destiny's 5 day itinerary- but I'm alittle scared at the reviews that I've been reading! Has anyone been on this ship recently? Is there a reason its so much cheaper than the Valor and Triumph? I know its only a 5 day but there is a big price difference!

Right now I'm leaning towards the Valor because of the overwhelming response that it is better, plus it has a basketball court but my husband is down right refusing to go to Mexico. :rollseyes: I guess he has heard horror stories on the radio about the crime there and doesn't want to go. Honestly I've heard the same from the other ports but he doesn't seem to care about that!

Yes, it is beautiful. And they have the best Nachos! You can run a tab for food and drinks brought to your beach chair..

Oh, and my favorite part was getting a massage on the beach...1 dollar a minute...great massage, listening to the ocean, and Jimmy Buffet music...with not a care in the world..heaven!

Archived