Traiano Hotel in Civitavecchia

We will be spending one night pre-cruise at the hotel in October. They have been wonderful and prompt in responding to any requests. They came very highly recommended on Trip Advisor which is how I found them. There wasn't one negative review. Enjoy your trip!

We are staying there one night pre-cruise on Oct. 24th. We, too, saw the reviews on Trip Advisor and also on other Cruise Critic threads. We are also taking their transport from FCO to the hotel.

We stayed there in March post cruise. Loved the hotel, used their transportation to FCO. I disagree with the multitudes of people who say Civitavecchia has "nothing to do". We found it to be pleasant--but then we liked Savona Genoa and Naples too.

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=735508

There is the trip report--we stayed in Civitavecchia after the cruise.

Glad to hear that you had a nice stay. Did you use their service to pick you up at FCO and did it go well?

Thanks

We have not stayed there yet. We will be staying for one night in October. We have arranged for the airport transfer to the hotel. Considering how professional they have been thus far, I expect there will be no problems.

• 4 weeks later...
We are staying there one night pre-cruise on Oct. 24th. We, too, saw the reviews on Trip Advisor and also on other Cruise Critic threads. We are also taking their transport from FCO to the hotel.

Hi we are also staying at Hotel Traiano and are arriving FCO 23OCT around 11:50 am. Is anyone coming in around that time ? The hotel will charge less based on the number of people.

I stayed there one night last year. Here's the true deal.

Nice. clean. On a quiet side street. Small lobby and elevator. Small bathrooms. Hard beds. Good A/C. Nice continental breakfast. Good TV channels. They picked us up at the airport. Located about 6 to 8 small blocks to the main area with shops and dining. 3 blocks to a grocery store with cheap water and food. Sign up early for their free shuttle to the ship. Nice staff. Good rates.

While not a Marriott or Hyatt, it was just fine for one night. I would stay there agian.

Archived