NCL Specialty Restaurants Question

beachbride09

Does anyone know if it is possible to contact one of the restaurants on the ship to ask for a very specific request, and if so, how can I contact the POC person for the restaurant prior to boarding.

What I am looking for is a way to create a special menu (or something similar) to have presented to us, as a surprise for my soon-to-be husband (we're eloping during the cruise). Nothing fancy, just a personal message or something on/in the menu and maybe to keep as a keepsake.

I think this is a very neat and romantic idea. IF it turns out not to be possible to be done by the ship, maybe you could create something and have a place like Kinko's print it off and sneak it in your luggage. Once you get onboard, simply go to the speciality restaurant of your choice and ask them if they would do that for you. Although the menu's are like "books", the "pages" slip right out. Just an idea if it falls through having the ship do something for you.

I have noticed some postings on these boards by someone calling himself OhioNCLcruiser. You can search for this name using the search function. I believe he is a crew member on the Pride of America. He has the following notes at the bottom of his posts.

You might try contacting him to see if he can link you to someone at one of the POA restaurants. Good Luck and congratulations.

I have noticed some postings on these boards by someone calling himself OhioNCLcruiser. You can search for this name using the search function. I believe he is a crew member on the Pride of America. He has the following notes at the bottom of his posts.

You might try contacting him to see if he can link you to someone at one of the POA restaurants. Good Luck and congratulations.

She is not cruising on the Pride of America. I think your best option here would be the romance pacakge. Congrats on your upcoming wedding.

Does anyone know if it is possible to contact one of the restaurants on the ship to ask for a very specific request, and if so, how can I contact the POC person for the restaurant prior to boarding.

What I am looking for is a way to create a special menu (or something similar) to have presented to us, as a surprise for my soon-to-be husband (we're eloping during the cruise). Nothing fancy, just a personal message or something on/in the menu and maybe to keep as a keepsake.

I think that would be very difficult to do - however, check with the group event coordinator for your ship. Depending on what you want they may be able to suggest alternatives - I really don't think they would print a special menu for you - as nice an idea that it is. :) Try the anniversary package ($79.00) your keepsake could be the photo that is included - and the waitress/waiters will sing when they present the cake at your "celebration" dinner in LeBistro - check it out at www.ncl.com and search under BonVoyage Gifts. Might be the easiest solution

well, they couldn't print a large fon t menu for my dh who is legally blind so it is doubtful they could do it for a special occasion. you can consider making one at home and slipping it to the staff early or even a nice card that you can have delivered with dessert.

congratulations!

The specialty restaurant menus don't change from night to night and are the same from cruise to cruise and are therefore printed way in advance and probably printed for all ships.

Placing something in the menu may be a better option.

Archived