Sky BB vs BC vs Guarantee

shel59

All,

I took advantage of the NCL sale and upgraded to a balcony cabin for the Sky 9/29 cruise. I was offered either a BB or BC cabin, and choose 9255 BC. Even though BB is a class above, the only cabin they offered was 0257 (and I'm superstitious about "7"s.. stupid, I know). Later I looked and think I'm happy with my decision, b/c BB is on the deck just below the pool deck and I'm wondering whether on the balcony you'd hear pool noise.

So, my questions are: Is anyone familiar with 9255 cabin? Are there any benefits to BB over BC that I'm missing? Should I ask for BB grarantee? Are there any BC cabins that are better than others (there were 22 cabins open).

Any and all input is appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

Pretty sure I read that with Freestyle 2.0 there is a check in line for balconies and above. I've also read that there is new furniture on the balconies on Sky although no one has described what that consists of (2 chairs and a small table?), and I just read today that balcony passengers can make their dining reservations 48 hours ahead instead of only 24 hours ahead in ov and inside cabins.

Anyone know of anything else?

I have a follow up question too. Besides the obvious balcony itself, what other perks are bestoyed upon those in a balcony cabin?

From what people whom just got off the "SKY" have been saying. The Balcony Furniture on Deck 10 (BB Balcony) Along with the "BA" AFT Balcony cabins Have the New and comfortable Balcony Furniture while Deck 9 (BC Balcony) Still have the old plastic small Balcony chairs that are NOT at all comfortable. If you plan on using the Balcony a bit I would RUN up to deck 10 and chance hearing a little evening music from above while sitting in comfort rather then still hearing the music (Only one deck lower right ?) and being uncomfortable in those $6.00 Wal-Mart chairs that they have not changed out yet. Something to think about and have a great trip..:)

Archived