TOYS!! Families with 4yrs and under :)

sprstr68

Hi! Was wondering what type of toys (if any) that you have brought in the past or will be bringing on the cruise with you. I was thinking about bringing:

Well, these are some of the ideas I had. Anyone else??? :)

Thanks for replying Michelle!

I think we're planning on spend lots of evening time in the cabin, since I'm not sure how I will feel about leaving my 3 1/2 yr old and 20 month old in Camp Carnival... We've never ever had babysitters and don't really have family nearby. My 3 1/2 yr old only just started preschool two weeks ago, so I'm getting used to leaving him in someone else's care!

So... I thought maybe we should have some things on hand. But, this is our first cruise and I really have no idea what to expect at all!! We leave on Sunday and I just want to be as prepared as possible! I'm sure it's one of those things where if you pack it, you won't use it and if you don't pack it, you'll be bummed!

YES to beach toys - including blow up beach balls that we also use in the cabin.

YES to small toys that can be brought to the dining room as a distraction during dinner.

I also bring a few books and maybe a couple other small items that I plan to leave with kids in the last port - great to have on board and then not have to bring home. But otherwise, I agree with Michelle - don't bother with much of it.

Best,

Mia

I let each kid pack a small backpack that they are in charge of from the time we leave the house - have since they were 2 years old....this makes them feel grown up, and then they have their goodies for the plane ride, less for me to carry. A couple of small books, color wonder is good, just little things. We always end up buying stuffed animals wherever we go, so we don't bring any. My kids didn't play with anything once we got on board - too much excitement, and too tired by the time we got to the cabin. A few small beach toys would be handy. Have fun!

Oh yeah a backpack is a must. I give each kid a backpack to fill with their own snacks, stuffed animals, lovies, electronics.

They pretty much use it on the plane. But it keeps their beloved blankies/stuffed animals in ONE place.

Just make SURE when you leave the cabin each day that you pack up the irreplacable items (like a special blankie or animal) and put it IN THE CLOSET.

There have been many kids around here that have lost their lovies because they got mixed up in the bed sheets and tossed into laundry.

I am willing to bet that you will have NO problems leaving your 3.5 year old in Camp Carnival. Starting at 2, my youngest would be asking over and over again throughout dinner to go to camp to play with her "friends".

I had the only child that would cry WHEN I showed up, not when I dropped her off...lol.

The younger one, you can just take around the ship.

The kids are so exhausted when we were in the cabin that they never need any toys.

But yes, beach toys, don't forget those. Or you will have to take out a second mortgage to buy them at the beach....lol. ;) They know they have you there.

Archived