Princess cuts Huatulco

Mike&Lynette

We were just notified that we will not longer be visiting Huatulco on our Panama Canal cruise on the Coral Princess this November. Ours was not the only cruise that had this port eliminated. The reason was "operational issues".

No offer of any compensation. Just, too bad, so sad! This is not the first time that we have had a port eliminated from our itinerary after the final payment has been made. I guess the answer is, to wait to book your cruise until they have figured out where they are REALLY GOING.

• 3 months later...
We were just notified that we will not longer be visiting Huatulco on our Panama Canal cruise on the Coral Princess this November. Ours was not the only cruise that had this port eliminated. The reason was "operational issues".

No offer of any compensation. Just, too bad, so sad! This is not the first time that we have had a port eliminated from our itinerary after the final payment has been made. I guess the answer is, to wait to book your cruise until they have figured out where they are REALLY GOING.

You’re not missing anything. Been there twice and did the two mile walk to Huatulco, the five minute walk around the town square and walk back to the ship. The best part is a drink at the beach right where the ship docks.

We were on the Panama Canal cruise on Island Princess last Spring, and we stopped in Hualtulco. There is a long new dock there with a nice shopping square at the end. There are beautiful beaches and a couple of nice resorts. It's one of our favorite stops on the Mexican Riviera. We thought that maybe with the new dock, ships would be adding that port rather than eliminating it. Would sure like to know the "whys" of this change. Princess eliminated Kona from its Hawaii itinerary this year too - another favorite of ours.

I am very upset that it was eliminated from our itinerary also. that was 1 stop that made we really want to take this cruise. always wanted to see Huatulco and thought this way i would see if i wanted to come back for a longer visit. i think it was cancelled when the oil prices were so high and it took alot of time and sailing to get there. now they can go slower to the next port and not have to rush.

Archived