Liberty 9/13/2008 Review--western Caribbean!

valancy1

Thank you for that awesome review!!!

We are sailing on the Liberty for our very first cruise this Saturday and you have made me even more excited (if that's possible) than I was before. Thanks for all of the great pictures you took the time to post.

Get to the port early to get your Zone number. Sit over by the escalator (either one... we sat on the left side) and you'll see the VIPs getting to board first, then they'll call zones.

HAVE A BLAST. The feeling of my first cruise is still so fresh, I KNOW the fun you're going to have. Will you come back and post and tell us?

Now I can't wait to make my scrapbook--it will keep the memories alive that much longer. :D

HAVE FUN! You're going to LOVE the Liberty!

did the lobster came with 4 pieces of shrimps?

No, no shrimps that I can remember. I'll have to look for the picture of Barry's lobster tail (I think it was posted?). We took pictures before eating any of it and I don't remember shrimp to go with it on the plate.

Pictures and review on just great but did you take any pictures of my favorite group "Music Boardwalk"??? Hope you saw them. Mary49

I read down the page that Debra did not get pix of Music Boardwalk. Not to worry!!! I have some!!!

I'll be starting a review today or tomorrow sometime. Had to take my mom to South Dakota and just got back.

Back to original programming......loving the review so far!!!!

We will be going on our first cruise on November 1st this year. I have been reading all of the reviews I can.... Thank you for all of the great info.... It was a AWESOME review! I really appreciate you taking the time to write it! Great pictures of the sunsets, food and all the other goodies around the ship! I get even more excited when I read reviews.... I CAN'T WAIT!!

I love all the info I've gotten on here and share all the tips I get with DH... who just rolls his eyes and says... OK... heheheee.... hopefully he will get as excited as me soon!!

We will be going on our first cruise on November 1st this year. I have been reading all of the reviews I can.... Thank you for all of the great info.... It was a AWESOME review! I really appreciate you taking the time to write it! Great pictures of the sunsets, food and all the other goodies around the ship! I get even more excited when I read reviews.... I CAN'T WAIT!!

I love all the info I've gotten on here and share all the tips I get with DH... who just rolls his eyes and says... OK... heheheee.... hopefully he will get as excited as me soon!!

Steph,

My husband was EXACTLY the same way. If I said the word "CRUISE" his face would change like "Oh no, not THIS subject again!" LOL

Ask Mona (KenMo) or Brett & Sally what his attitude was after we got on the ship! :D

I hope your hubby gets hooked, too. My husband is so great, but he's not the most imaginative person in the world. When he's "there" it's different, but he doesn't get hepped up in anticipation like I do!

HAVE A BALL on your cruise!

Debra - Thanks so much for your review and photos! It was truly wonderful and exciting. The only think you did not mention was the seaside theater on Lido deck. My husband and I really enjoyed sittiing (or laying in a lounge chair!) and watching an evening movie. Yes, we are party animals! :p

Debra - Thanks so much for your review and photos! It was truly wonderful and exciting. The only think you did not mention was the seaside theater on Lido deck. My husband and I really enjoyed sittiing (or laying in a lounge chair!) and watching an evening movie. Yes, we are party animals! :p

Carol,

We never got out there. :) We saw it in the morning on our daily stroll, but it wasn't ever a movie when we were out there.

In the 7 years I've been with my husband, I've been to 3 movies. MAYBE 4.

I'm glad you enjoyed it, though--it is quite a spectacle, isn't it? When we came back from Cozumel, even on the pier it could be seen.

Fabulous review. Your pictures are awesome. We will be on the Liberty 11/08/08 and your review helped me to wait and anticipate. It was kinda like a movie preview, just makes you want more. Again thanks and hope to cruise with you someday. You and your husband seem like fun people to get to know.icon7.gif

Fabulous review. Your pictures are awesome. We will be on the Liberty 11/08/08 and your review helped me to wait and anticipate. It was kinda like a movie preview, just makes you want more. Again thanks and hope to cruise with you someday. You and your husband seem like fun people to get to know.icon7.gif

Thanks Kitty and Scottsgal!

It was fun to do (the review). I mean, SOMEONE had to try all that food, excursions, etc., in order to give everyone here a fix until their next cruise. It was my civic duty. ;)

Now I'm deep in research--where to go next?!

All,

I finished a scrapblog on Carnival's website if anyone wants to see it. I just thought people would like seeing what you can do with the scrapblog feature on the Carnival site if you've not used that before. It was pretty easy and it was fun to do.

Enjoy!

http://www.carnivalconnections.com/cruisetalk/scrapblog/690929.aspx

All,

I finished a scrapblog on Carnival's website if anyone wants to see it. I just thought people would like seeing what you can do with the scrapblog feature on the Carnival site if you've not used that before. It was pretty easy and it was fun to do.

Enjoy!

http://www.carnivalconnections.com/cruisetalk/scrapblog/690929.aspx

Great job Debra. I truly enjoyed the review, pics and scrapblog. You did an awesome job. I leave on the Liberty 10-25 and can't wait, especially after seeing all your pictures.

Hi, Debra,

I know you said you didn't watch a movie at the Seaside theater, but can you look at your capers and tell me what ones were playing? I know they usually have a few in rotation but I am trying to get an idea of if they are the same as what is in theaters right now, or a little behind. There are a couple I want to see right now but wondering if I should wait!!

Thanks!

Hi, Debra,

I know you said you didn't watch a movie at the Seaside theater, but can you look at your capers and tell me what ones were playing? I know they usually have a few in rotation but I am trying to get an idea of if they are the same as what is in theaters right now, or a little behind. There are a couple I want to see right now but wondering if I should wait!!

Thanks!

Debbie,

I'll be happy to... here we go:

The Cabin Movies:

I Could Be Your Woman

Jumper

Alvin & the Chipmunk

Saving Sara Calin

Martian Child

Eye of the Dolphin

27 Dresses

Big Screen Movies:

Bee Movie

The Borne Ultimatum

Feel the Noise

Dan in Real Life

Elizabeth: The Golden Age

The Game Plan

Stardust

Hope this helps... it looks like they are RECENT but not "First Run" movies.

We just watched our "Voyage" DVD, and even though we were busy while on the ship (to the level that wasn't maniacal) we missed a LOT... I would love to watch a movie the next time, seeing that my hubby doesn't like to go to flicks normally.

Enjoy!

Thanks, Debra!

Guess I better head to the theater!! I don't go to the movies often, either, but there is at least one out there that I really want to see right now. I thought the movies on the ship were much more recent. Maybe they will change by 10/25. I know the ones you mentioned have been the same ones for a while because I had capers from August from another member and those were the movies then also. Thanks again!!! Loved your review by the way!

Debbie

Thanks, Debra!

Guess I better head to the theater!! I don't go to the movies often, either, but there is at least one out there that I really want to see right now. I thought the movies on the ship were much more recent. Maybe they will change by 10/25. I know the ones you mentioned have been the same ones for a while because I had capers from August from another member and those were the movies then also. Thanks again!!! Loved your review by the way!

Debbie

You're welcome--I love being able to help, finally! :D

The only one I want to see right now is American Carol. LOL. I asked Barry if he'd go w/ me and he said yes. Now if I can just come up with the time to do it! Ha.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived