Mayan Ruins of Tulum - Stroller Friendly?

newscruiser

Stroller kind of friendly but you will have a VERY LONG HOT DAY and taking a 1yr old is going to be rough because the area is so open. You have to take a ferry from Coz to the mainland then take a bus to the ruins. The ferry ride is unpredicable. Many will recommend this tour if your ship docks in Calica. You can figure 45min ferry each way and 1hr bus trip each way leaving around 1.5hrs at the ruins. If you go, bring plenty of water, sun screen and bug spray plus an umberella for shade. If your wanting to relax but see ruins you could always visit San Gervasio on Coz and take an island tour.

We took the tour and it is an all day affair. The area to Tulum is rocky and not a good area for strollers. Also, from the cruise ship you take a boat over to the main land. The time is I think about an hour if my memory is correct.

We used to take our babies everywhere too when we were younger, so I know you want to do the same. It is a long day though.

I think if it were me, I would take a small stroller and then a baby backpack for your child to sit in. My DH used that until the kids were 30 lbs. !!!!!!

Christapie

It can be done but I was wearing a boot for a foot injury and it was a long hot day with lots of dust and rocks....fun definatley, loved it, would i do it again injured, proabbaly not.....the stroller might take alot out of all of you, but if you choose to go its amazing (dont forget your bathsuit)

When we went in late 2006 it was $89 per person through Carnival. Wow, prices have really gone up!
I think it really depends on the tour. Some of them give you beach time after the tour, and they cost more. The tour only is still about $90 on RCCL.

Sayhello

Archived