Hilton Sydney

Verity

We stayed at the Sydney Hilton for a week post-cruise in 2007. We reserved a room on the club floor, but upon our arrival, we were up-graded to a suite with club privileges (it was our 39th anniversary). Complimentary chocolate-covered strawberries and chilled champagne were immediately delivered to our room upon arrival! The room was clean and spacious with a modern motif. One nice feature of the suite was that it had two bathrooms. We typically reserve rooms on the "club floor" if available, but the Hilton outdid itself in this area. Full American style buffet breakfast, snacks all day, both hot and cold hors d'oerves in the evening and a full complimentary bar -- all with great views and wonderful service! My dream in this lifetime would be to live at the Sydney Hilton!

Kathy

Congratulations on your 35th! Just a few hints. 1) If you are not HiltonHonors members, sign up immediately. 2) I booked directly with the Hilton online and entered in the comments box that we were celebrating our anniversary. 3) At check-in, mention to the receptionist that you are celebrating your 35th anniversary. Hope you enjoy your stay at the Hilton as much as we did.

The hotel is in a wonderful location. You are directly across the street from the Queen Victoria Building. This is a historical landmark which has been converted to an upscale shopping mall, complete with affordable cafes and even a food court on the lower level. You will only be a block away from the Sydney Tower. We had a nice view of it from our hotel suite. The monorail station is only a few minutes' walk, and the harbour is also within walking distance.

Let me know if I can be of any more assistance.

Kathy

Thank you got2go. We are Hilton members but of course, I couldn't remember if I mentioned our anniversary or not when I booked. I just sent off an email to the Hilton Honors in Sydney. Is the hotel walkable to the ship docks or do we need to take a taxi?

When you are getting ready to board your ship, you will have luggage and I definitely would recommend a taxi. You didn't say if your ship would be docked at Circular Quay or at Darling Harbour. If you are just out sightseeing, you can walk or take a bus to Circular Quay, or you can walk or take the monorail to Darling Harbour. The monorail station is just across the street from the Hilton and will take you directly to Darling Harbour (take the whole loop around before getting off so you can see a bit of Sydney). The walk to Darling Harbour from the Hilton is about 5 blocks and then you just walk across the Pyrmont Bridge and you're there. If you are walking to Circular Quay, it is about 8 blocks from the Hilton. Hope this helps.

We loved Australia so much that we are going back for a month mid-March. We'll spend two weeks in Sydney and two weeks in the Surfers' Paradise/Brisbane area. In 2007, we spent a week in Sydney and a week in Cairns/Palm Cove in Northern Queensland. We also spent four days pre-cruise in Auckland.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.

Archived