Driving from Orlando to Port Canaveral

I am sure this has been asked 100's of times but I cant get the search forum to work. Does anyone know how long it takes to drive from Orlando International to the Port Canaveral. Thanks! Considering 3nt. on Monarch taking my mother who has never cruised, I think she would love it. (added bonus for me to check out Monarch) ;)

Does anyone have names of companies who will pick us up at Orlando and take us to a hotel in PC? We have a group going on the Freedom when it moves there in 2010. So far we have 16 in our group, with many more planning to book. Our last cruise we had 26.

thanks!

Does anyone have names of companies who will pick us up at Orlando and take us to a hotel in PC? We have a group going on the Freedom when it moves there in 2010. So far we have 16 in our group, with many more planning to book. Our last cruise we had 26.

thanks!

Check out the Florida departures site. There is a thread called "I work in Port Canaveral".There is a ton of info there about transportation options to/from the port. I found that thread very helpful as I am planning my first cruise to PC.

On previous cruises, we've rented a car at the Orlando airport and turned it in over in Port Canaveral. Back in 06, it was around $35 for a Taurus from Hertz. The office in PC is about 5-10 minutes from the port and they will shuttle you there.

We drove from PC (from the Mariner) to Orlando in under 1 hour. I think the most we paid in tolls were $0.75. It seemed like every mile there was another toll! Nice road, tough and very easy to find where you're going. Have a great time!!

It's about 45 minutes, very straight down one major highway. There are a few inexpensive tolls, so make sure you have a few singles and quarters handy.

There is one toll between MCO and PC. It's $1.25, make sure you use the north exit from the airport and take SR528 EAST (The Beachline). Drive time 45 minutes to an hour

It takes about an hour or so....

Take some extra time and explore Coco Beach too. Or the Radison hotel by the port is really neat. We stayed there when we drove down in 03 prior to embarkation. In 05 my mom rented a limo from the airport to the port and then we got rental car for the way back to the airaport and explored the area for a few hours.

Have fun. I am sailing on Monarch in Jan 09 with my family. and it will be my boyfriends first cruise, and possibley my grandparents too!

thanks!

Call Florida Towncar service. They have always taken us from Orlando to PC. When there are just 5 or less, we get a towncar. When there were 8-10, we get them to get us a van (up to 10 passengers per van)

You can google their info.

And we JUST did the rental deal last weekend, we used Enterprise which I DO NOT recommend. If I had to do it again, I would use Budget or Thrifty.

It cost us a little over $80 to rent an Xterra. Then the gas cost us $17. And the tolls - .75 and $1.25

Enterprise location was further down the road than Budget. And their drop off was the next exit over at MCO...whereas Budget listed a dropoff AT the airport.

And Enterprise doesn't rent Navigation from the cars leaving the port. :rolleyes: Which their online site says they do.

Archived