Can we get a refund now ????

southbayer

When he gave the price at the pump:confused:

He didn't give a pump price in his initial post. And the price of gasoline isn't relevant to cruise line fuel costs. For that matter the price of bunker fuel will probably prove not to be relevant either. The major cruise lines have a vehicle for advertising a lower price than cruises actually cost passengers. They will not give up this marketing angle voluntarily. If fuel surcharges ever do disappear it certainly will not be through a refund to paid passengers because fuel prices dropped.

He didn't give a pump price in his initial post. And the price of gasoline isn't relevant to cruise line fuel costs..

Maybe it was just apparent to me what the OP was referring to. Since he has made many similar posts in the past re: elimination of the surcharge.

He didn't give a pump price in his initial post. And the price of gasoline isn't relevant to cruise line fuel costs. For that matter the price of bunker fuel will probably prove not to be relevant either. The major cruise lines have a vehicle for advertising a lower price than cruises actually cost passengers. They will not give up this marketing angle voluntarily. If fuel surcharges ever do disappear it certainly will not be through a refund to paid passengers because fuel prices dropped.

{bolding mine}

If you mean that the price of bunker fuel is irrelevant to cruise line fuel costs, I'd suggest that you do a little more digging.

If you mean that the price of bunker fuel may be irrelevant to whether or not the surcharge is ever lowered/removed, I'd have to agree.

{bolding mine}

If you mean that the price of bunker fuel is irrelevant to cruise line fuel costs, I'd suggest that you do a little more digging.

If you mean that the price of bunker fuel may be irrelevant to whether or not the surcharge is ever lowered/removed, I'd have to agree.

I thought it clear that I meant the latter. The fuel surcharge is a marketing device to raise revenues and disguise the true cost of a cruise fare in marketing. Fuel is a cost of doing business, no different to anything else. Milk prices are significantly higher but no one has instituted a milk surcharge. ;)

Bottom line on this war of who is right and who is wrong by a couple posters.... Fuel Supplement ain't going away anytime soon....Just suck it up and pretend you are tipping the guys who maintain the exterior of the ship ! :rolleyes:

Why not just pretend that the cost of the cruise is the cost of the cruise?....Heck you don't even need to pretend. ;)

well just tell your TA not to break it down, give you a total vacation package price and voilla' you will have what you are looking for......theres your full cost ! :rolleyes:

Again you misunderstand. I'm not the one looking for a refund of the fuel supplement, the OP is. I'm the one saying no refund of the fuel supplement will ever happen for existing bookings. If and when the fuel supplement does decrease or disappear it will happen only for new booking for newly released sailings. It will never happen for existing sailings where the supplement has been paid. Do you follow me? :cool:

[quote name='yst347']Cruise ships don't run on gas.

Fares and fees paid for cruises will never be refunded voluntarily either. If and when fuel surcharges disappear from cruise fares, it will happen with the release of new cruise booking dates.[/quote]

I do not know where you live that gas is $3.59 a gal, where I live it is still way over $4.00 gal, so to me it is still not cheap.

I look at it the Cruise lines are constantly figuring out how to increase the cost of the cruise without it being part of the price. I am sailing on the Pride on Oct. 26th, now that ship holds 2,124 passengers and at $9.00 per person for 7 days they have brought in another $133, 812. Now there is no way I am going to believe that it costs them this much for fuel, to me this is just another gimmick that the American people fall for ( and I am one of them). We complain on boards like this, but other then that we do nothing about the problem.

[quote name='MiamiCruiseGuy']Gas is cheap now???? you are paying 3.59 in California, and I am paying 3.99 in Miami, and thats for regular grade. Humm, the stations here raised prices when Ike was out in the Atlantic, and even though we did not ever see a storm here, the prices have not come down. It makes me wonder who runs our country. When Oil hit 150.00 gas was 3.99 a gallon here, when Oil droped to 100.00 gas is still 3.99 a gallon. Ah, and to answer my question, the Oil companies are running this country.[/quote]

That is what you get for voting in someone connected to big business. That is how his family made and is continuing to make their money and that is from oil. It may not be in the fields anymore, but when daddy bush is getting paid $14 mill a year from the Saudi's as an advisor something is wrong.

that's about the jist of it[quote name='travelntreats']Bottom line on this war of who is right and who is wrong by a couple posters.... Fuel Supplement ain't going away anytime soon....Just suck it up and pretend you are tipping the guys who maintain the exterior of the ship ! :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Chacooe']That is what you get for voting in someone connected to big business. That is how his family made and is continuing to make their money and that is from oil. It may not be in the fields anymore, but when daddy bush is getting paid $14 mill a year from the Saudi's as an advisor something is wrong.[/quote]

I totally agree, but just to set the record straight, I did not vote for him in either election, Florida and Ohio, just dont seem to know how to count ballots!

[quote name='Snorkel2Much']Cruise ships burn Bunker Fuel, which was ~$500/ton in Nov 2007 when this surcharge nonsense started. It's in the $575 neighborhood today.[/quote]

Is that metric tons?? If so, the recent numbers I found dont jive with those.

[url]http://www.examiner.com/p-229421~Carnival_Corporation___plc_Reports_Third_Quarter_Earnings.html[/url]

- Fuel price increased 77 percent to $666 per metric ton for Q3 2008 from $376 per metric ton in Q3 2007, and was in line with the company's June guidance of $670 per metric ton.

[quote name='southbayer'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=blue]Now that the price of fuel is very low, can we get a refund on the surchage ? At least 1/2 back ??[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[/quote]
Sorry.... they already spent the money buying the fuel for your cruise. :mad:

[quote name='jandjfun']Well....... When it's back to the 1.50 mark I will be happy and excited. NOT until then. Oh, and I am not holding my breath.[/quote]
Gonna be a long wait.

Guess I should wish for to be back at $.17. That's the least I ever paid for gas........

Archived