What to do in Nassau?

lhaddon

We are booked on the March 14, 2009 Glory cruise. This is our second time on this cruise. We were wondering if someone could recommend a fun activity in Nassau. On our last cruise we just toured Atlantis (the aquarium and hotel mainly). My kids (ages 10 and 8) were dying to participate in all the water activites at Atlantis (water slides, pools, etc.) Can I just go to the resort and buy a day pass or something like that? Should I book one of the excursions through the ship? We are only in port from 8:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Lora

We are booked on the March 14, 2009 Glory cruise. This is our second time on this cruise. We were wondering if someone could recommend a fun activity in Nassau. On our last cruise we just toured Atlantis (the aquarium and hotel mainly). My kids (ages 10 and 8) were dying to participate in all the water activites at Atlantis (water slides, pools, etc.) Can I just go to the resort and buy a day pass or something like that? Should I book one of the excursions through the ship? We are only in port from 8:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Lora

You should check out the Bahamas board (actually this thread will probablly be moved there) - http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58 . There's plenty of info on Nassau and Atlantis there - personally, I think you're time will be very limited at Atlantis on that schedule and not worth the $$$ it costs. I'll be in Nassau next weekend & will let you know how it goes! :D

On our first cruise we went to the Astrada Gardens. It a small zoo, with the main attraction being the marching flamingos.

They have them trained to march by voice command. Pretty entertaining. For a small donation, you can get your picture taken with some of the trained parrots.

Short taxi ride, pretty reasonable as I recall, about $8.00 each to get in.

Archived