Upgrade/sell Question

beachbride09

Ok, I know a thread of similar topic has been started many, many times... I just don't have the mental energy (muchless patience) to find and research all those threads.

Here's my question:

Just out of curiosity, when do people start to receive the upgrade/sell phone calls, traditionally speaking?

We are roughly 6 weeks away from when the cruise balance needs to be paid in full (we've paid 99% of the balance and left like $200 just for this possibility).

We booked through NCL's website, so I would hope (assume) we would receive (if we're lucky) a direct call from NCL.

Also, are the upgrades/sells done, traditionally again, before final payment is due, or once the ship is closer to sailing (or both)?

I see on NCL's website that there are plenty of suites available (for $100 more, pp, than the balcony we have (but paid a lower rate, pp, than is currently posted. And, not to mention a cheaper fuel charge ($6 pp at the time of booking))).

Yes, lots of parenthesis... I know.

TIA!!

They usually start to work the upsell list a couple of weeks prior to the sail date. It is at random of who will get the call, regardless of how you booked your cruise. It does depend on what is available to upsell to. You may be in a category that there is an available upsell or not. For example, if the only upsell that are left are the oceanviews and you are booked in a suite, obviously, you would not get a call, the passengers booked in the inside cabins would.

Ok, I know a thread of similar topic has been started many, many times... I just don't have the mental energy (muchless patience) to find and research all those threads.

Here's my question:

Just out of curiosity, when do people start to receive the upgrade/sell phone calls, traditionally speaking?

We are roughly 6 weeks away from when the cruise balance needs to be paid in full (we've paid 99% of the balance and left like $200 just for this possibility).

We booked through NCL's website, so I would hope (assume) we would receive (if we're lucky) a direct call from NCL.

Also, are the upgrades/sells done, traditionally again, before final payment is due, or once the ship is closer to sailing (or both)?

I see on NCL's website that there are plenty of suites available (for $100 more, pp, than the balcony we have (but paid a lower rate, pp, than is currently posted. And, not to mention a cheaper fuel charge ($6 pp at the time of booking))).

Yes, lots of parenthesis... I know.

TIA!!

On our last 2 cruises we had booked an AE on the Pearl and received upsell calls. Last year the upsell call came about a month before our cruise, this year it was about 5 days.

We are about 6 weeks out too.

When I saw chatter on CC re lower prices, I called our TA and asked what the cost was to upgrade. He contacted us and told us $80 for OV and $100 for balcony -- we had paid bottom dollar for Inside. The above was Total not per person! We took it -- a bargain of less than $5/day on our 13 night cruise.

Call NCL and see what you can get.

Nancy

We are about 6 weeks out too.

When I saw chatter on CC re lower prices, I called our TA and asked what the cost was to upgrade. He contacted us and told us $80 for OV and $100 for balcony -- we had paid bottom dollar for Inside. The above was Total not per person! We took it -- a bargain of less than $5/day on our 13 night cruise.

Call NCL and see what you can get.

Nancy

I think I could even get my DH to hop on a deal like that!!!

;) If the current price is lower - or something you are willing to pay then by all means call NCL and ask for a Personal Cruise Consultant (seeing as how you booked on NCL web site) see if you can upgrade to the balcony (or whatever you want) and they will quote you the current price (hopefully) as long as it's not a promotion for new bookings only you should be able to get the balcony for the $100. assuming you are not past final payment. Piece of cake.

Beachbride09

We booked last January for a South American cruise on Sun in November. Booked Cat. D ov cabin. In July received an upsell e-mail offering Cat BB for $250.00 each. Took it. Don't ask me why they contacted me. have never sailed with NCL before. We are looking forward to the freestyle cruising concept. (and the balcony cabin)

Archived