Family of Five

COGirl

We're booked on the Triumph for November 27, which has cabins for 5. But the newer ships only have cabins for 4... What are we supposed to do.. put our 3 kids all under the age of 15 into their own cabin, or do my husband and I have to split up....

Anybody had any luck with Carnival letting 5 into a cabin on any of the newer ships??

Are there any connecting rooms on that ship? Depending on how old your kids are (you only said under 15), you might want that peace of mind, instead of having them in a completely separate cabin. Carnival changes their policy regarding booking children in separate cabins frequently.....or so it seems. Unofficially, you should be able to book them in a cabin either next to yours or across from yours (if you wanted a balcony or oceanview, and an inside).

Carnival has nothing to do with limiting the number of passengers in a cabin. It is Coast Guard regulations that prohibit 5 in a cabin on the newer ships. You can get adjoining cabins and leave the door open, if you are worried about them being in a cabin alone. I know a lot of people just get two cabins next to each other (not adjoining) or an oceanview with an inside across the hall, but that depends on how much you trust your kids. Happy cruising.

Joanne :)

We have cruised on Royal Carribean twice with our 3 kids and get connecting rooms and we are cruising on Carnival Glory in a few weeks with connecting rooms....it's great you get 2 bathrooms and 2 TV's...and I actually think it is cheaper that a family suite for 5!

Jackie

Archived